There are currently no items in your cart.
Finding Fossils, re-scored composed by Anders Astrand. Percussion Ensemble. For solo flute & percussion, re-scored (solo flute, crotales, orchestra bells, xylophone, 2 vibraphone, 2 marimba (1 at 5 octaves), 2 woodblocks, claves, suspended cymbal, wind chimes, hi-hat, ride cymbal, high bell, udu drum, bass drum). Score and set of parts. Duration 8 minutes. Published by Innovative Percussion (IP.E-AA-FIN2).
Composer's notes: Composing music is comparable to finding fossils. You come across some specimens you like, and realize there must be more just as nice. After a while you have quite a nice collection, and you quest for more becomes more intense and energetic. Some hours later your bag is filled with specimens that give you great pride, and you feel that you really must share these with your friends. The first discovery of Finding Fossils was an improvisation that became the foundation or core idea for the piece. The second "find" was the melody, which came as a logical continuation of the initial improvisation.
The piece was commissioned by Professor James Campbell and the percussion ensemble at the University of Kentucky in 2001, and was first performed in Nashville, Tennessee at PASIC. It was composed to include all of the percussion majors at UK as well as the Director of Jazz Studies and Saxaphone/Flute plater Miles Osland.
Finding Fossils, re-scored
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Finding Fossils, re-scored
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Genre: Classical Sheet Music
Format: Set of Parts