There are currently no items in your cart.
Finale From Serenade In B-Flat, KV 361 composed by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart (1756-1791). Arranged by Bill Perconti. Saxophone Quartet. For Saxophone Quartet (SATB). Full Score and Set of Parts. Published by Advance Music (AV.7697).
With the invention of the saxophone in the early 1840s, transcriptions are useful to present day saxophonists who wish to perform music of various styles and composers, and are thus an important part of the saxophone repertoire. One source of music to transcribe is the wind music of the Classical era. Mozart's Finale from Serenade in B-flat, KV 361 of the early 1780s was originally scored for paired oboes, clarinets, basset horns (now obsolete), and bassoons, plus four horns and double bass. The work was later performed for eight wind players. The Serenade has also been called "Gran Partita", implying music for the outdoors. Since one original intent for the saxophone was to replace less-voluminous woodwinds of French military/marching bands, it seems feasible that saxophones, while also handling well the virtuoso demands of the piece, are a good choice for this transcription. Two objectives were in mind while transcribing the Finale. One was to produce a relatively clean manuscript with a minimum of articulation and dynamic markings so as to allow interpretation by the performers. The articulation markings placed at the beginning of the work are provided only as suggestions. Secondly, the melodies were divided among all parts, rather than a solo featuring just the soprano saxophone. The Finale, a molto allegro in rondo form, should sparkle with cheerful charm and wit. Indoors or outdoors, saxophonists should strive for the lightness and grace so prevalent in much of Mozart's timeless music.
Finale From Serenade In B-Flat, KV 361
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Finale From Serenade In B-Flat, KV 361
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at email@example.com.
More by this Composer: Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart Sheet Music Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart Saxophone Sheet Music Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart Saxophone Quartet Sheet Music Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart Woodwind Quartet Sheet Music
Instrument: Saxophone Sheet Music
Genre: Classical Period Sheet Music