There are currently no items in your cart.
Fiddle Tunes for Beginning Cello composed by Stacy Phillips. For Cello. Saddle-stitched, Solos. Fiddle Tunes. Beginning. Book/CD Set. 40 pages. Published by Mel Bay Publications, Inc (MB.98152BCD).
ISBN 9780786648290. Fiddle Tunes. 8.75 x 11.75 inches.
This book contains a selection of fiddle tunes arranged for the beginning cello player. The idea is to supply a sampling of melodies that will give almost instant gratification to the novice. One of the drawbacks of the classic way of teaching cello is the boredom of some of the early pedagogic repertoire. This book is meant to be an antidote to that tedium. Fiddle tunes are great ways to become accustomed to typical manipulations of major scales and to introduce the sound of arpeggios. The only technical requisite for the music is the ability to play a major scale of some sort. The tunes were chosen for their fun melodic content while demonstrating some typical aspects of fiddling. They are grouped by key with a couple of exceptions and roughly arranged in order of difficulty within each key group. The included split-track CD demonstrates many of the tunes with guitar accompaniment and will help teach the swing phrasing.
- Black Eyed susie
- Jennie Lind Polka
- Joys Of Quebec
- Take Me Out To The Ball Game
- Put Your Little Foot
- Down Yonder
- Fire On The Mountain
- Peas in the Pot
- Tombigbee Waltz
- Rabbit Where's Your Mammy?
- Cluck Old Hen
- My Own House Waltz
- Texas Quickstep
- Make A Little Boat
- Casey Jones
- Goodbye Liza Jane
- Little Brown Jug
- Muddy Roads
- Granny will your Dog Bite?
- Cotton Eyed Joe
- Old Jaw Bone
- Year Of The Jubilo
- Poor Wayfaring Man of Grief
- Stone's Rag
- Too Young To Marry
- Folding Down The Sheets
- Hobo Jig
- Cincinnati Hornpipe
- Life in the Finland Woods
Fiddle Tunes for Beginning Cello
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Fiddle Tunes for Beginning Cello
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Instrument: Cello Sheet Music