Fernando Sor: The Complete Studies for Guitar in Urtext
Guitar (classical) - Intermediate
Composed by Fernando Sor, introduction Matanya Orphee, Richard Savino. Flex bound, Solos. Chanterelle. Classic. Book. 192 pages. Published by Chanterelle (MB.97387).
Item Number: MB.97387
ISBN 9780786637058. 8.75 x 11.75 inches. Introduction by Matanya Orphee, Richard Savino.
The present new Urtext edition of Sor's didactic pieces takes a different approach to that taken by other editions even recent ones. In preparing the material for publication, Chanterelle strove to maintain a close adherence to the composer's own statements regarding the pieces as they appear in his various writings. At the same time, each individual reference was evaluated against other available historical evidence to determine the extent to which it truly repesents Sor's applied technique, the way he actually performed these pieces himself. Opp.6, 12, 29, 31, 35, 44 & 60, with Historical Notes, Full Commentary, Thematic Index, and Playing Suggestions.
- Read Me First
- Twelve Studies, opus 6 (Nos 1-12)
- Douze ƒtudes, opus 29 (Nos 13-24)
- Vingt Quatre Leons Progressives, opus 31
- Vingt Quatre Exercices TrŽs Faciles, opus 35
- Vingt Quatre Petites Pices Progressives, opus 44
- Introduction ˆ lƒtude de la Guitare, opus 60
- Excerpts and Exercises from the Method
- Playing Suggestions
- 1. The Coste, Segovia, & Sainz de la Maza editions, numbering etc.
- 2. Suggested Grading
- 3. Aguado on expression
- 4. Thematic Index