There are currently no items in your cart.
Favorite Solos (DVD) by Carlos Barbosa-Lima. By Carlos Barbosa-Lima (1944-). For Guitar (Classical). Boxed, Concert/Documentary. Latin Jazz and Classical. Performance video: DVD. Duration 52m. Published by Mel Bay Publications, Inc (MB.99127DVD).
In this outstanding video recital, Brazilian concert guitarist Carlos Barbosa-Lima takes the listener on a musical journey through Brazil, The Caribbean, North America, and the Hawaiian Islands, including works by European masters from France and Spain. Maestro Barbosa-Lima displays the stunning musicality, arranging skills, and refined technique that have drawn applause from sold-out concert halls the world over. Program includes Sons de Carrihoes (Joao Pernambuco); Adios (Enric Madriquera); I Got Rhythm (George Gershwin) and more. Many of these selections were arranged by Carlos Barbosa-Lima and include unusual techniques such as double harmonics and Hawaiian slack-key effects.
- Sons de Carrihoes Composed by Joao Pernambuco
- Odeon Composed by Ernesto Nazareth
- Sambolero Composed by Luiz Bonfa
- Cochichanda Composed by Alfredo Vianna
- Aquarela do Brasil Composed by Ary Barroso
- Adios Composed by Enric Madriquera
- La Comparsa Composed by Ernesto Lecuona
- Fantasy of a Hawaiian Lullaby "Pupu Hinu Hinu" Composed by N. Beamer, Arranged By Dr. Byron Yasui
- St. Louis Blues Composed by W. C. Handy, Arranged By J. Griggs/Barbosa-Lima
- Two Ladies: One Old, One New Composed by Bobby Scott
- La Alborada Composed by Francisco Tarrega
- La Mariposa Composed by Francisco Tarrega
- Golliwogg's Cakewalk Composed by Claude Debussy
- I Got Rhythm Composed by George Gershwin
- Las Abejas Composed by Augustin Barrios
- Ja-Da Traditional, arranged by J. Griggs/Barbosa-Lima
- Seis Milongas from Suite Antillana Composed by Ernesto Cordero
Favorite Solos (DVD)
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Favorite Solos (DVD)
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
More by this Performer: Carlos Barbosa-Lima Sheet Music Carlos Barbosa-Lima Acoustic Guitar Sheet Music Carlos Barbosa-Lima Classical Guitar Sheet Music Carlos Barbosa-Lima Electric Guitar Sheet Music