There are currently no items in your cart.
Favorite Old-Time American Songs for Ukulele composed by Mark "Kailana" Nelson. For ukulele. Perfect Binding. Intermediate-Advanced. Book and CD. 232 pages. Published by Mel Bay Publications, Inc (MB.30364BCD).
ISBN 0-7866-8538-7. 8.75 x 11.75 inches.
This book features over 100 traditional American folk songs newly arranged for the ukulele, with chord diagrams and melody lines in tablature and standard notation. This extensive collection makes "Favorite Old-Time American Songs for Ukulele" a treasury of the best songs from the American tradition. Nothing in this book is out of range for novice ukulele players. The songs are in keys that are both easy to sing and that fit the melodic range of the ukulele. Of course, not every voice sings comfortably in every key, so information on transposition and a short discussion for players of the baritone ukulele are included. Although you do not need to read music or tablature to use this book, short introductions to each are included. In putting together this collection, the author was inspired by the old American practice of making a sampler: an endearing needlework design showing off various stitches and techniques. The book presents a sampling of the best American songs for folks working in schools, churches, hospitals, coffeehouses and other public performance spaces, or for anyone wishing to expand their repertoire and brush up on a few old chestnuts. There's a little of everything here: sentimental old hearth songs, laments and lullabies, ballads and play-parties, the sacred and profane. The overwhelming majority of songs come from pre-industrial rural traditions, because this is the kind of music that seems to go well with homemade music-making in any age.
Favorite Old-Time American Songs for Ukulele
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Favorite Old-Time American Songs for Ukulele
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at email@example.com.
Instrument: Ukulele Sheet Music
Genre: Americana Sheet Music