There are currently no items in your cart.
Favorite Old-Time American Songs for Dulcimer composed by Mark Nelson. For Dulcimer (Mountain). Perfect binding, Solos. Old Time. Beginning. Book. 232 pages. Published by Mel Bay Publications, Inc (MB.97189).
ISBN 9780786671786. Old Time. 8.75 x 11.75 inches.
This giant book features over 100 of America's favorite folk songs, expertly arranged for the Appalachaian dulicmer. Children's songs, work songs, old Anglo-American ballads, songs of strife and freedom, love songs and much, much more are all gathered here in arrangements suitable for the beginning and intermediate player. The songs come from all over - old books and sheet music, transcriptions from field recordings, but mostly from the singing of countless folks in kitchens and festival hallways, street corners and concert stages.
Songs include "Poor Wayfaring Stranger," "Tenting Tonight," "Don't Let Your Deal Go Down," "Oh, Death," "Careless Love," and many, many more.
Tunings used include D-A-D and D-A-A, as well as C-G-C and C-G-G and several modal tunings. All are playable on any three- or four-stringed dulcimer. Some use a 6 1/2 fret. Includes information on reading music and TAB, notes on transposing, and a useful index of songs by tuning. In standard notation and TAB, with guitar chords.
- About the Author
- Acres Of Clams
- All Are Talking of Utah
- All Night, All Day
- Alsea Girls
- Amazing Grace
- America (My Country 'tis Of Thee) Performed by S. F. Smith
- Aura Lee
- Barb'ry Allen
- Beulah Land
- Beware, Of Take Care
- Blood Red Roses
- Boatman Dance
- Bonnie Black Bess
- Bury Me Not On The Lone Prairie
- Camptown Races Performed by Stephen Foster
- Careless Love
- Chickens are a-Crowin'
- Cold Rain and Snow
- Cripple Creek
- Dakota Land
- Darling Cory
- Dixie Performed by Daniel Emmett
- Don't Let Your Deal Go Down
- Down in the Valley
- Eating Goober Peas
- Follow the Drinking Gourd
- Frankie and Johnnie
- Froggie Went A-Courtin'
- Go Tell Aunt Rhody
- Hallelujah, I'm a Burn
- Handsome Molly
- Haul Away, Joe
- He's Got The Whole World In His Hands
- Hold On
- Home on the Range
- I Wish I Was A Mole In The Ground
- I'm a Rambler and a Gambler
- I'm On My Way
- In The Good Old Colony Days
- Jack O' Diamonds
- Jenny Fair Gentle Rosemarie
- Jimmy Crack Corn Performed by Dan Emmett
- John Henry
- Kansas Boys
- Lady Mary
- Let My People Go
- Little David, Play On Your Harp
- Little Liza Jane
- Little Mattie Groves
- Little Old Sod Shanty
- My Bonnie Lies Over The Ocean
- Nearer, My God, to Thee
- Nobody Knows the Trouble I'v e Seen
- Oh, Can't You Hear That Turtle Dove
- Oh, Death
- Old Dan Tucker Performed by Daniel Emmett
- Old Dog Tray Performed by Stephen Foster
- Old Joe Clark
- Omie, Let Your Bangs Hang Down
- On Top of Old Smoky
- One Morning In May
- Pie in the Sky
- Polly Wolly Doodle
- Poor Wayfaring Stranger
- Quit Kickin' My Dog Around
- Red River Valley
- Rueben and Rachel
- Same Old Man
- Shady Grove
- Shoo, Fly, Don't Bother Me Performed by Frank Campbell And Wm. Reeves
- Silver Threads Among The Gold
- Simple Gifts
- Sourwood Mountain
- Steal Away
- Sweet Betsy From Pike
- Tenting Tonight Performed by Wm.Kittredge
- The Banks Of The Ohio
- The Battle Hymn Of The Republic Performed by J. W. Howe
- The Buggerboo
- The Crawdad Song
- The Cuckoo
- The Devil's Questions
- The Drunken Sailor
- The E-RI-E
- The Erie Canal
- The Farmer's Curst Wife
- The Girl I Left Behind Me
- The Glendy Burke Performed by Stephen Foster
- The Greenland Whale Fishery
- The King's Daughter Fair
- The Lady From York
- The Little Brown Bullls
- The Riddle Song
- The Shantyman's Life
- The Sow Took The Measles
- The Texas Rangers
- The Two Sisters
- The Unquiet Grave
- The Wagoner's Lad
- The Yellow Rose of Texas
- The Young Man Who Wouldn't Hoe Corn
- There's a Little Wheel A-Turnin'
- There's More Pretty Girls Than One
- Tom Dooley
- Turkey In The Straw
- Wedding Dress
- When First Unto This Country
- When Johnny Comes Marching Home Performed by L. Lambert
- Whopee Ti Yi Yo
- Wonderous Love
- Yankee Doodle
Favorite Old-Time American Songs for Dulcimer
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Favorite Old-Time American Songs for Dulcimer
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Instrument: Dulcimer Sheet Music
Genre: Americana Sheet Music
Format: Collection / Songbook