There are currently no items in your cart.
Favorite Nocturnes and Other Works for Piano composed by John Field (1782-1837). For solo piano. Masterworks; Piano Collection. Dover Edition. Classical Period. Collection. Standard notation, fingerings and introductory text (does not include words to the songs). 56 pages. Published by Dover Publications (AP.6-441598).
ISBN 0486441598. With standard notation, fingerings and introductory text (does not include words to the songs). Classical Period. 9x12 inches.
An influential early Romantic composer for piano, John Field (1782-1837) redefined the term "Nocturne." Formerly used to designate music to be performed at night, nocturnes came to be regarded as music that is of a nocturnal mood. Field's dreamy, poetic style contrasted sharply with that of his contemporaries, who favored exhibitions of clarity and velocity, and his works exerted a lasting effect on such later composers as Chopin, Liszt, and Schumann.This new collection, compiled and edited by piano Scholar Joseph Smith, Brings toegether the most popular and often performed of Field's Nocturnes, along with a selection of his most important solo piano works. The 'March Trimophale en Honneur des Victories du General Wittgenstein' commerorates Russia's 1812 victory over France. A native of Ireland, Field spent most of his life and career in Russia, where he pioneered the musical use of Russian folk motifs. In addition to a half-dozen of the composer's other popular nocturnes, this compilation features 'The Troubadour,' a fine but often overlooked work, and the crowd-pleasing rondo, 'Twelve O'Clock.'.
- Chanson Russe Variee H. 41 C.1818
- The Troubador-Notturno, H. 55 C.1832
- MArche Triomphale en Honneur des Victories du General Compte de Witgenstein, H. 16 1812-12
- Twelve O'Clock, H. 13K 1832
- No. 1, Eb major, H. 24 1812
- No. 2, C minor, H. 25 1812
- No. 3, Ab major, H. 26 1812
- No. 4, A major, H. 36 1817
- No. 5, Bb major, H. 37 1817
- No. 8, E minor, H. 46 1821-22
- No. 11, Eb major, H. 56 1833
- No. 12, G major, H. 58 1834
- No. 14, C major, H. 60 1835
Favorite Nocturnes and Other Works for Piano
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Favorite Nocturnes and Other Works for Piano
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at email@example.com.
Instrument: Piano Solo Sheet Music
Genre: Classical Period Sheet Music
Format: Collection / Songbook