There are currently no items in your cart.
Favorite American Waltzes for Fiddle composed by Stacy Phillips. For Fiddle. Saddle-stitched, Solos. Fiddle Tunes. Beginning-Intermediate. Book. 72 pages. Published by Mel Bay Publications, Inc (MB.20583).
ISBN 9780786669226. Fiddle Tunes. 8.75 x 11.75 inches.
Continuing the reissue of the classic Phillips Collection of Traditional American Fiddle Tunes - Volume 2, Favorite American Waltzes for Fiddle presents over 110 classic and lesser-known country waltzes from all parts of the United States, some with multiple versions. All the pieces are transcribed from performances of the greatest traditional fiddlers of the past and present including Benny Thomasson, Howdy Forrester, J. T. Perkins, Lloyd Wanzer, Jay Ungar, Vivian Williams, Skip Gorman, Texas Shorty, Kenny Baker, and dozens more. Bowings and chord accompaniment are included. This book will also be of value to students of classical music and Suzuki trained children. Teachers, are you looking for short pieces that will solidify scales yet won't bore your students? Tired of the same old classical etudes? Waltzes are played slowly enough to not be intimidating but also serve as effective and fun exercises for all violin students, not just fiddlers. The arrangements range from easy (single notes, first position) to advanced (double stops and upper positions). And they illustrate America's great tradition of fiddling.
- A and E Waltz Performed by Lloyd Wanzer
- Amarillo Waltz Performed by Alexander Robertson
- Arizona Waltz Performed by Clem Myers
- Ashokan Farewell Performed by Jay Ungar
- Autumn Waltz Performed by Stuart Williams And Bob Fast
- Bill's Waltz Performed by Rebecca Koehler
- Black Velvet Waltz 1 Performed by Hank Haley
- Black Velvet Waltz 2 Performed by Stuart Williams
- Bloomingdale Waltz Performed by Gilbert Ross
- Bob Taylor's March Performed by Charlie Acuff
- Casy's Old Time Waltz Performed by Vivian Williams
- Cowbow Waltz 3 Performed by Cyril Stinnett
- Cowboy Waltz 1 Performed by Mike Seegar And Mosheh Savitsky
- Cowboy Waltz 2 Performed by Casey Jones
- Crystal Stream Waltz Performed by Stuart Williams
- Dance of the Goldenrod Performed by James Chancellor
- Danny's Waltz Performed by Stuart Williams And Wally Bloom
- Don't You Remember The Time Performed by Leslie Freeny With Freeny's Barn Dance Band
- Down Home Waltz Performed by Art Galbraith
- Evening Star Waltz Performed by Paul Shelor With The Shelor Family
- Fifty Years Ago Waltz
- Flowers From Heaven Performed by Art Galbraith
- Forty Years Ago Waltz 1 Performed by Red Herron
- Forty Years Ago Waltz 2 Performed by J. T. Perkins
- Friday Night Waltz (A) Performed by W. E. Ray With The Ray Brothers
- Friday Night Waltz (B) Performed by Kenny Baker
- German Waltz 1 Performed by Dale Morris And Benny Thomasson
- Goodnight Waltz Performed by Red Herron
- Green Valley Waltz Performed by Skip Gorman
- Heartland Waltz Performed by Paul Elliot
- Henry Reed's Waltz Performed by Alan Jabbour With The Hollow Rock String Band
- Homecoming Waltz Performed by Kenneth Pitts And Cecil Brower With Bill Boyd's Cowboy Ramblers
- Judy and Jim's Wedding Performed by Larry Unger (Amy Richardson With Uncle Gizmo)
- Just Friends Performed by Bob Wills
- Kelly Waltz
- Kiss Me Again Waltz Performed by Taylor McBain
- Life in the Finland Woods Performed by Clarence Tate
- Lost Goose Performed by Kenner Kartchner
- Martin's Waltz Performed by Byron Berline And Benny Thomasson
- Memory Waltz Performed by Howard Forrester
- Morning Star Waltz Performed by Dan Kelly
- My Own House Waltz Performed by Ned Phoenix
- Oklahoma Waltz 1 Performed by Earl Collins
- Oklahoma Waltz 2 Performed by Tom Carter & Tom Sauber
- Old Madeira Waltz Performed by Hugh Farr
- Over The Waves Performed by Juventino Rosas (Kenny Baker & Jehile Kirkhuff)
- Paris Waltz Performed by Howard Forrester And Dwight Lubiniecki
- Pattie's Waltz Performed by Argel Walker
- Peek-A-Boo Waltz
- Poor Girl Waltz Performed by Clem Myers
- Poor Wayfaring Man of Grief Performed by Skip Gorman With The Deseret String Baned
- Put Your Little Foot Performed by Bob Wills
- Ramona Waltz Performed by Brian Hebert
- Red Fox Waltz Performed by Vivian Williams
- Red River Waltz Performed by Charles Stripling With The Stripling Brothers
- Rose Of Sharon Waltz Performed by J. T. Perkins
- Saturday Night Waltz Performed by Jim Childress With Uncle Henry's Favorites
- Scandinavian Round Dance Performed by Al Sanderson
- Shadow of the Mountain Performed by Ken Campbell
- Shannon Waltz Performed by Ron West
- Sherman's Retreat Performed by John Summers
- Silver Dollar Waltz Performed by Donald Woodcock
- Silver Wedding Waltz Performed by Vivian Williams
- Skater's Waltz Performed by Emil Waldteufel (Mark O'Connor & Mosheh Savitsky)
- Susi's Waltz Performed by David Cahn (Mel Marshall)
- Sweet Bunch of Daisies (B) Performed by Hollis Taylor And Vivian Williams
- Tulsa Waltz 1 Performed by Howard Cawley With Jack Cawley's Oklahoma Ridge Runners
- Tulsa Waltz 2 Performed by Gary Lee Moore
- Untitled Waltz 1 Performed by Ron Kane With The Deseret String Band
- Untitled Waltz 2 Performed by Benny Thomasson
- Velvet's Waltz Performed by Dale Morris
- Waltz In D Performed by Bob Wills
- Wednesday Night Waltz Performed by Kenny Baker
- Western Waltz Performed by Taylor McBain
- Westphalia Waltz Performed by Forrest Daugherty
- White Rose Waltz Performed by J. P. Fraley
- Zenda Waltz Performed by Jana Jae Greif
Favorite American Waltzes for Fiddle
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Favorite American Waltzes for Fiddle
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at email@example.com.
Genre: Americana Sheet Music
Format: Collection / Songbook