There are currently no items in your cart.
Favorite American Rags & Blues for Fiddle composed by Stacy Phillips. For Fiddle. Perfect binding, Solos. Fiddle Tunes. Beginning-Intermediate. Book. 72 pages. Published by Mel Bay Publications, Inc (MB.20581).
ISBN 9780786669202. Fiddle Tunes. 8.75 x 11.75 inches.
A meticulous collection of recordings, square and contra dances, fiddle contests, jam sessions and individual fiddlers. This magnificent book is meant to provide a snapshot of what American fiddlers were playing and listening to in the latter part of the 20th Century. Bowings, fingerings, and guitar chords are provided for each melody line; a perfect reference guide to add to any fiddler's repertoire.
- Acorn Stomp Performed by Daniel Williams
- All I Got's Done Gone Performed by Doc Roberts
- Bean Vine Blues Performed by Ruthie Dornfeld
- Beaumont Rag
- Black And White Rag Performed by George Botsford (Terry Morris And Mark O'Connor)
- Blue Mountain Rag Performed by Stuart Williams
- Blue Ridge Blues Performed by Carl Stewart With Hank Penny And His Radio Cowboys
- Bluebird Blues Performed by Hugh Farr
- Brownie Special Performed by Cecil Brower With Milton Brown And His Musical Brownies
- Bully Of The Town
- California Blues Performed by Charlie Stripling
- California Cotillion Performed by Greg Canote
- Cane Brake Performed by Argel Walker
- Carroll County Blues Performed by W.T. Narmour
- Cherry River Rag Performed by Ed Haley And Stacy Phillips
- Chickens Don't Roost Too High Performed by Leonard Keith
- Cincinnati Rag
- Colored Aristocracy
- Cotton Patch Rag Performed by Lewis Franklin
- Cotton Picker's Rag Performed by Ben Tinnon With The Grinnell Giggers
- Coulter's Rag Performed by Lotus Dickey
- Crafton's Blues (A) Performed by Cecil Brower
- Crafton's Blues (B) Performed by Ricky Boen And Rudy Booher
- Cumberland Blues 1 Performed by Doc Roberts
- Cumberland Blues 2 Performed by John Hannah
- Dallas Bound Performed by Sandol Astrausky With The Little City String Band
- Darkie's Dream Performed by Grant Lamb
- Dickson County Blues 1 Performed by Arthur Smith
- Dickson County Blues 2 Performed by Arthur Smith
- Dill Pickles Performed by Lewis Franklin
- Dixie Blossoms Performed by Art Galbraith
- Don't Let Your Deal Go Down
- Doughboy Rag Performed by Lewis Franklin
- Down Home Blues Performed by Jimmy McCarrol With The Roane County Ramblers
- Down Yonder Performed by Scotty Stoneman
- Duck Shoes Rag Performed by Ben Tinnojhn With The Grinnell Giggers
- East Tennessee Blues
- Fiddler's Blues Performed by Arthur Smith
- Fingering With Your Fingers Performed by Lonnie Chatmon With The Mississippi Sheiks
- Galloping Fiddle Performed by Dale Potter
- Get Off Your Money Performed by Charlie Stripling
- Going To Jail Performed by Ken Kosek
- Going Uptown Performed by Pete Sutherland With The Arm And Hammer String Band
- Grandmammy Look At Uncle Sam Performed by Howard Forrester
- Grapevine Twist Performed by Steve And His Hotshots
- Gypsy Dance Performed by Jeff Goehring With The Red Mules
- Hale's Rag Performed by Ron Kane
- Harmony Performed by Bob Wills
- Herman's Rag Performed by Benny Thomasson
- Hobb Dye Performed by Tony Marcus
- Home Brew Rag (A) Performed by Lowe Stokes
- Home Brew Rag (B) Performed by J.T. Perkins
- Hotfoot Performed by Benny Thomasson
- Humphrey's Gig (B) Performed by Kerry Blech
- I Don't Love Nobody (A) Performed by Doc Roberts And Tommy Jackson
- I Don't Love Nobody (B) Performed by Mark O'connor
- I Don't Love Nobody (C) Performed by Bob Wills
- Kansas City Railroad Blues Performed by Blaine Sprouse
- Kennedy Rag Performed by Charlie Stripling
- Knoxville Rag 2 Performed by Ralph Troxell
- L & N Rag Performed by Bill Christopherson
- Leake County Blues Performed by Wil Gilmer And The Leake County Revelers
- Lee Highway Blues Performed by Robert Wise
- Little River Stomp Performed by Tony Thomas
- Logan County Blues Performed by Ruthie Dornfeld
- Lone Star Rag Performed by Art Davis With Bill Boyd's Cowboy Ramblers
- Lonesome Blues Performed by Wil Gilmer And The Leake County Revelers
- Lost Girl Performed by Walter McNew
- Lost Train Blues Performed by Lyman Enloe
- Mineola Rag Performed by Daniel Williams With The East Texas Serenaders
- Mississippi Lowdown Performed by Lonnie Chatmon With The Mississippi Sheiks
- New Lost Train Blues Performed by J.E. Mainer
- Oklahoma Rooster Performed by Joe Hermann With The Critton Hollow String Band
- Ozark Rag Performed by Daniel Williams With The East Texas Serenaders
- Panhandle Swing Performed by Tom Doucet
- Peacock Rag Performed by Arthur Smith
- Pig Ankle Rag 1 Performed by Highwoods String Band
- Plowboy Rag Performed by Ben Tinnon With The Grinnell Giggers
- Rag Picker Bill Performed by Rector Hicks
- Ragtime Annie (A) Performed by Alexander Robertson
- Ragtime Annie (B) Performed by Kenny Baker
- Rambler's Rag Performed by Ruthie Dornfield
- Red Apple Rag Performed by Arthur Smith
- Red Hills Performed by Bruce Green
- River Road (A) Performed by Benny Thomasson
- River Road (B) Performed by Matthew Hartz
- Safe Harbor Rag Performed by Pete Sutherland And Mosheh Savitsky
- Steeley's Rag Performed by Gary Lee Moore
- Stone's Rag
- Terrell Texas Blues Performed by Oscar Harper
- Terry's Rag Performed by Terry Morris (Tony Ludiker)
- Texas Crapshooter Performed by Hugh Farr
- Tishomingo Blues Performed by John Hatcher
- Triangle Blues Performed by Kerry Blech
- Tupelo Blues Performed by Hoyt Ming
- Twelfth Street Blues Performed by Bill Shores With Dupree's Rome Boys
- Twelfth Street Rag Performed by Danita Rast Hartz
- Uncle Pig Performed by Tony Ludiker
- Washington And Lee Swing Performed by Kenny Baker
- Wild Fiddler's Rag Performed by Howard Forrester
- Wildcat Rag Performed by Ben Layne With The Georgia Wildcats
- Wimbush Rag Performed by The Canebrake Rattlers
Favorite American Rags & Blues for Fiddle
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Favorite American Rags & Blues for Fiddle
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Format: Collection / Songbook