There are currently no items in your cart.
Favorite American Polkas and Jigs for Fiddle composed by Stacy Phillips. For Fiddle. Perfect binding, Solos. Fiddle Tunes. Beginning-Intermediate. Book. 64 pages. Published by Mel Bay Publications, Inc (MB.20584).
ISBN 9780786669233. Fiddle Tunes. 8.75 x 11.75 inches.
Continuing the reissue of the classic Phillips Collection of Traditional American Fiddle Tunes - Volume 2, Favorite American Polkas and Jigs for Fiddle presents over one hundred classic and lesser known fiddle tunes in hornpipe style from all parts of the United States, some with multiple versions. All the pieces are transcribed from performances of the greatest traditional fiddlers of the past and present including: Jehile Kirkhuff, Mark O'Connor, Ed Haley, Hugh Farr, Ruthie Dornfeld, Pete Sutherland, Becky Tracy, Stuart Williams and many more. Bowings and chord accompaniment are included.
- Allentown Polka Performed by Mark O'connor
- Baltzell's Tune Performed by Rollie Hammon
- Beer Barrel Polka Performed by Robert Wise
- Big Mac Jig
- Blueberry Jig Performed by Stuart Williams
- Box Stove Jig Performed by Clem Myers
- Boys Around The World Performed by Cyril Stinnett
- Brahms Polka Performed by Vivian Williams
- Bride OF The Winds Performed by Stuart Williams
- Calgary Polka Performed by Mark O'connor
- Captain Jinks Performed by Don Woodcock
- Cat In The Hopper Performed by Ruthie Dornfeld
- Charlie Hunter's Jig Performed by Pete Sutherland
- Chateau Gai Performed by Bill Christopherson & Tom Phillips With The Fish Family
- Cherokee Polka Performed by Ed Haley
- Church Street Polka Performed by Pete Sutherland
- Churning Butter Performed by Hugh Farr And Ed Newman
- Circle Jig Performed by New Hampshire Fiddler's Union
- Clarinet Polka (A) Performed by Mark O'connor
- Clarinet Polka (B)
- Cow Across Thr Road Performed by Hugh Farr
- Cowboy Jig Performed by Rodney Miller
- Crooked Stove Pipe Performed by Vivian Williams
- D And A Polka Performed by Jehile Kirkhuff
- Fair Jenny's Jig Performed by Peter Barnes (Pete Sutherland)
- Florida Polka Performed by Robert Wise
- Foggy Valley Performed by Mary Trotchie
- Fort Gary Jig Performed by Stuart Williams And Al DeLorme
- Gary Owens
- Giles Roy Polka Performed by Henry Landry
- Golden Tresses Performed by Jehile Kirkhuff
- Happy Acres Performed by Vivian Williams
- Haste to the Wedding Performed by Jehile Kirkhuff
- Helena Polka Performed by Vivian Williams
- Helvetia Polka Performed by Argel Kaufman
- Hobo Jig
- Honest John Performed by Vivian Williams
- Hopscotch Polka Performed by Harvey Taylor
- Irishman's Heart To The Ladies (A) Performed by Stuart Williams And Wayne Holmes
- Jennie Lind Polka Performed by Kenny Baker
- Jessie Polka
- Johnson's Road Performed by Lawrence Older
- Kelton's Jig Performed by Jehile Kirkhuff
- Kitty McGee Performed by Pete Sutherland With The Arm And Hammer String Band
- Lad O'Beirne's Jig Performed by Becky Miller
- Larry O'Gaff Performed by Jehile Kirkhuff
- Lichtensteiner Polka Performed by Jehile Kirkhuff
- Litltle Burnt Potato
- Maggie Brown's Favorite
- Moon Behind The Mountain Performed by Jim Childress With Uncle Henry's Favorites
- Mouth Of The Potomac Performed by Jehile Kirkhuff
- Naomi's Jig Performed by Ben Guillemette
- New Rigged Ship Performed by Vivian Williams
- Off She Goes 2 Performed by Everett Douglas
- Old Figary-O Performed by John Francis
- Over The Garden Wall Performed by Harvey Taylor
- Paddy Wack Performed by Jehile Kirkhuff
- Perry's Victory Performed by Wilhemina Scott
- Plymouth Lasses Performed by Donald Woodcock
- Portland Fancy Jig Performed by The Plymouth Old Time Dance Orchestra
- Pumpkin Vine Performed by Jimmy Wheeler
- Richmond Polka Performed by Clark Kessinger
- Rock Valley Jig Performed by Clem Myers
- Rory O'moore Performed by Pete Sutherland
- Sailor's Wife Performed by Kerry Elkin With Tradition Today
- Saint Lawrence Jig Performed by Donna White Reed
- Say No More Performed by Mark Simos
- Silver Lake Quadrille Performed by Bob Walters
- Smash The Windows Performed by Danny Gardella
- Sprucetoppper's Polka Performed by Stuart Williams
- Stool Of Repentance Performed by Becky Tracy
- Swallow Tail Jig Performed by Tom McCreesh With Fennig's All Star String Band
- Teviot Jig Performed by Ron West
- The Bugle Blows, The Trumpet Blows Performed by Jehile Kirkhuff
- The Champion
- The Essence of Sugar Cane Performed by Jehile Kirkhuff
- The Old Red Barn Performed by Down Rowan
- The Road To Skye Performed by Donna Herbert
- Thompson's Jig Performed by Angus Chisolm And Mosheh Savitsky
- Tobin's Jig
- Toopeka Polka Performed by Donnell Cooley And Tim Hodgson
- Top Of The Road Performed by Becky Tracy
- Trip To The Cottage Performed by Don Woodcock And Dave Howard
- Tripping Up The Stairs
- Untitled Jig 1
- West Virginia Polka Performed by Lynn Smith
- Winter Flower Polka Performed by Forrest Daugherty
- Year Of The Jubilo Performed by Henry Clay Work
- York County Performed by Ben Guilmette
Favorite American Polkas and Jigs for Fiddle
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Favorite American Polkas and Jigs for Fiddle
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Format: Collection / Songbook