Fantasies & Delusions
Piano - SMP Level 7 (Late Intermediate)
Music for Solo Piano, Op. 1-10. Composed by Billy Joel. Piano Solo Personality. 20th Century. Collection. With standard notation, fingerings and introductory text (does not include words to the songs). 96 pages. Published by Hal Leonard (HL.306454).
Item Number: HL.306454
ISBN 0634038354. 9x12 inches.
Fantasies & Delusions is the next chapter in Billy Joel's life-long love affair with the piano. Before the world-renowned 'Piano Man' ever discovered pop, he grew up studying classical piano, already feeling the influences of Beethoven, Bach, Chopin, Schubert, Schumann and many others. Although he ran away with the seductress named Rock'n'Roll as a teenager, 30 years later he returns to where he began to pay tribute to the music that made him fall in love with music in the first place. This matching folio features all 12 pieces from the album, as performed by Richard Joo.
About SMP Level 7 (Late Intermediate)
4 to 5-note chords in both hands and scales in octaves in both hands.
- Air (Dublinesque) Op. 10
- Aria (Grand Canal) Op. 7
- 'Delusion' From Suite For Piano Op. 8
- Fantasy (Film Noir) Op. 4
- 'Innamorato' From Suite For Piano Op. 8
- Invention #1 In C Minor Op. 6
- Reverie (Villa D'este) Op. 3
- Soliloquy (On A Separation) Op. 1
- 'Sorbetto' From Suite For Piano Op. 8
- Waltz #1 (Nunley's Carousel) Op. 2
- Waltz #2 (Steinway Hall) Op. 5
- Waltz #3 (For Lola) Op. 9