There are currently no items in your cart.
Fanfares by David R. Holsinger. For concert band. Grade 4. Full score. Published by TRN Music Publisher (TU.FSFAN9).
"Fanfares is not based on a hymn tune, or on an extra-musical story, or any historical event - it is simply what it is, a ""Celebration"" work. Since it was written for a large symphonic band, I knew I had some extra players available and the idea of alternating brass trios was an easy choose. However, my idea was not to make this a ""four trios accompanied by a band"" work, but rather a composition where the band segment is one of five contributing groups to the overall concept.
My best wishes go out to the Missouri East-Central District Seven for their 25th Anniversary High School All-District Band.
The Four Brass Trios in ""Fanfares"" area meant to be somewhat antiphonal and set to each side of the band proper. However, they are not to be placed a long distance from the band, but rather to each side near the front of the audience. If the stage is wide enough, the trios might be simply stage right and stage left with some small separation. On a flat floor, the trios can be more widely spaced, but the intention is simply to give a left to right, back and forth, perception of alternating frontal sound source to the listener.
Trios 1 and 4 should be on the right side of the stage, separated by enough distance to be perceived as two sets of three players. Trio 1 should be closest to the band proper.
To the left side of the stage are Trio 2 and 3 - again, both separated by enough distance as to be perceived as two sets of three players. Trio 2 should be closest to the ensemble".
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ensemble: Concert Band Music
Level: Grade 4