There are currently no items in your cart.
Famous Solos and Duets for the Ukulele arranged by John King. For Ukulele (Soprano). Saddle-stitched, Solos. Hawaiian. Beginning-Intermediate. Book/CD Set. 48 pages. Published by Mel Bay Publications, Inc (MB.20250BCD).
ISBN 9780786669158. Hawaiian. 8.75 x 11.75 inches.
Famous Solos and Duets for the Ukulele presents ukulele music as you have never seen or heard it before. An anthology of pieces selected from the earliest known methods and collections published for the ukulele between 1909 and 1920, Famous Solos and Duets is newly engraved in both standard notation and tablature and contains extensive fingering and performance instructions.
Edited, arranged, and performed by ukulele virtuoso and historian John King, this collection makes the original, classic repertoire of this charming little instrument available to the public for the first time in nearly a century. The Preface, informative and thoroughly researched, places the ukulele and its music in historical context, from its early days in Hawai'i, to its widespread popularity on the Mainland. Showcasing pieces which are both challenging and beautiful, Early Solos and Duets features the music of Queen Lili'uokalani, King Kalakaua, Ernest Ka'ai, Henry Kailimai, George Awai, George Kia Nahaolelua, N. B. Bailey and Vadah Olcott Bickford. Also included in Early Solos and Duets are invaluable instructions for the different styles of strumming as played by the "Father of the ukulele," Ernest Ka'ai. The CD contains all 22 pieces expertly performed by Mr. King.
- Loke Lani Performed by Ernest Ka'ai Arr. By John King
- Haele Performed by Ernest Ka'ai
- Hone A Ka Wai Performed by Ernest Ka'ai
- Polka-Mazurka Performed by Ernest Ka'ai Arr. By Henry Kailimai
- Ka Wehi Performed by Ernest Ka'ai
- Funiculi-Funicola Performed by Luigi Denza Arr. By N. B. Bailey
- Hene Performed by Henry Kailimai
- Ahi Wela Performed by Arr. By Keoki E. Awai
- Spanish Fandango Performed by Henry Worrall Arr. By N. B. Bailey
- The Blue Bells Of Scotland Performed by Arr. By T. H. Rollinson
- Leilani Performed by Ernest Ka'ai
- Banjo Schottische Performed by Ernest K. Ka'ai
- Lauia Performed by Henry Kailimai Arr. By Ernest Ka'ai
- Wailana Performed by Malie Kaleikoa Arr. By Keoki E. Awai
- El Recuerdo Performed by Ernest Ka'ai
- Hawai'i Pono'i Performed by David Kalakaua & Henri Berger Arr. By George Kia Nahaolelua
- Ei Nei Performed by Ernest Ka'ai Arr. By John King
- Aloha O'e Performed by Lydia Lili'uokalani Arr. By Ernest Ka'ai
- Serenade Of The Ukuleles Performed by V. O. & Z. M. Bickford
- Timothy at the Husking Bee Performed by Arr. By V. O. & Z. M. Bickford
- Aloha Quickstep Performed by Ernest Ka'ai
- Petite Valse Performed by V. O. & Z. M. Bickford
Famous Solos and Duets for the Ukulele
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Famous Solos and Duets for the Ukulele
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Instrument: Ukulele Sheet Music
Genre: Hawaiian Sheet Music