There are currently no items in your cart.
Famous Blues Bass Lines composed by Larry McCabe. For Electric Bass Guitar. Squareback saddle-stitched, Licks and Phrases. Qwik Guide Series. Blues. Beginning. Book/CD Set. 32 pages. Published by Mel Bay Publications, Inc (MB.98429BCD).
ISBN 9780786648320. Blues. 5.5 x 8 inches.
Blues music is a sturdy, adaptable music that reflects many shades of emotions and lends itself to numerous stylistic interpretations. This 5 1/2" by 8" QWIKGUIDE is designed to help the bassist become more versatile. Each blues bass pattern in this book is played over four bars of C7. By practicing all 50 licks over the same chord progression, students can learn the basic concept of improvisation: how to play a variety of musical phrases over the same chord or chord changes. Each example is written in both notation and tablature exactly as it is recorded. The accompanying CD, featuring Larry McCabe's Heat-Seeking Missile Blues Band is recorded in stereo with drums and rhythm guitar in the center, bass guitar on the left, and lead guitar on the right. The licks are recorded at a moderate tempo for ease of learning. The rhythm guitar parts heard on the CD are taught in Mel Bay's 101 Bad to the Bone Blues Guitar Rhythm Patterns. The lead guitar parts are taught in Mel Bay's Famous Blues Guitar Lines.
- How To Use This Book
- The Music
- Transposing the Patterns
- The Companion CD
- PLAYING A BASS PATTERN TO A 12-BAR BLUES PROGRESSION
- 50 Blues Bass Patterns
- Guide to Symbols
Famous Blues Bass Lines
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Famous Blues Bass Lines
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at email@example.com.
Genre: Blues Sheet Music
Series: Qwik Guide Series