Expressions of Freedom Complete Edition (Anthology of African-American Spirituals)
Composed by Rene Boyer-Alexander. Arranged by Rene Boyer-Alexander. Expressive Art (Choral). Published by Hal Leonard (HL.9970235).
Item Number: HL.9970235
ISBN 0634029215. 8.5x11 inches.
The history of the African American people was one of physical hardship and emotional anguish, yet the music arising from this struggle – the spiritual – was one of deeply-felt emotion. This collection of spirituals, arranged by Rene Boyer-Alexander for voices and Orff instruments, is much more than a mere song collection. It is a chronicle of expression that will enrich and uplift both children and adults in classrooms, choirs, community gatherings and churches. In three volumes or one complete edition, it includes arrangements of over 55 songs, historical background, suggested program uses and cultural connections.
Available: Volume I, Volume II, Volume III, Complete Edition. For all ages.
- Oh Won't You Sit Down?
- Elijah Rock
- Good News
- Swing Low, Sweet Chariot
- Steal Away (Steal Away To Jesus)
- This Little Light of Mine
- I'm Gonna Sing When The Spirit Says Sing
- Deep River
- Somebody's Knocking At Your Door
- Who Built the Ark?
- I Want To Be Ready
- Behold That Star
- Every Time I Feel The Spirit
- Ezekiel Saw The Wheel
- He's Got The Whole World In His Hands
- Rise And Shine
- Rock-A-My Soul
- Oh Freedom
- Now Let Me Fly
- Who Did Swallow Jonah?
- Hold On
- I Want Jesus to Walk with Me
- In That Great Gettin' Up Morning
- The Old Ark's A-Moverin'
- Chatter Wid De Angels
- Follow The Drinkin' Gourd
- Free At Last
- I'm Goin' Home On The Morning Train
- I'm Trampin'
- I've Been 'Buked
- In Bright Mansions Above
- Oh Lord, I Want Two Wings
- Oh Mary
- Roll De Ol' Chariot Along
- Sit Down Servant
- Git On Board
- Oh, What a Beautiful City (Boatner)
- Walk Together, Children
- Hold Out Your Light
- Ain't Gonna Grieve (Traditional)
- Wheel's A-Turnin'
- All God's Children Got Shoes
- Old Zion's Children March.Along
- Wade In The Water
- Nobody Knows The Trouble I've Seen
- Mary Had a Baby
- Standin' In The Need Of Prayer (Standing In The Need Of Prayer)
- Sometimes I Feel Like a Motherless Child
- Go Down, Moses
- When The Saints Go Marching In
- This Train
- Angel Band
- Do Lord
- Go, Tell It on the Mountain
- Children Go Where I Send Thee
- Joshua (Fit The Battle Of Jericho)
- Didn't My Lord Deliver Daniel?
- No Hiding Place
- Dry Bones
- Little David, Play On Your Harp
- All Night, All Day
- Rise Up, Shepherd, and Follow
Customers Who Bought Expressions of Freedom Complete Edition (Anthology of African-American Spirituals) Also Bought: