Exploring Piano Classics Technique, Book 4
A Masterwork Method for the Developing Pianist. Composed by Nancy Bachus. Book; Graded Standard Repertoire; Masterworks; Piano Collection; Technique Musicianship. Exploring Piano Classics. Masterwork. 56 pages. Published by Alfred Music (AP.31351).
Item Number: AP.31351
The Exploring Piano Classics: A Masterworks Method for Developing Pianists series pairs motivating performance repertoire with thoughtful technical studies. Each level contains a Repertoire book with CD and a Technique book, both with convenient page-by-page correlation. When used together, the books give students a deep understanding of the art of music, performance practices, and the necessary skills to play the piano with technical ease. The Technique books are designed to give students a highly structured program of technical development. They include basic keyboard patterns (five-finger patterns, scales, cadences, and arpeggios in the major and minor keys of the Repertoire books), exercises and etudes, and other necessary technical drills for mastering each piece in the Repertoire books. Suggestions for efficient practice are also included. Internationally known clinician and teacher Nancy Bachus is a graduate of the Eastman School of Music with an M.M. in Piano Performance and Literature. She has performed solo recitals across the U. S., Canada, and Italy, and appeared in the original "Monster Concerts" in venues such as Lincoln Center and the White House. Nancy owns an independent teaching studio in Ohio.
- Double Thirds Exercise Composed by Wieck
- Back and Forth Composed by Norris
- Follow Me Composed by Loeschhorn
- Rotation Exercise Composed by Antonio Sartorio
- Exercise in F Major Composed by Carl Czerny
- Grace Note Etude Composed by Carl Czerny
- Balance on Five and One Composed by Wieck
- Gavotte Composed by Cecile Chaminade
- The Wild Rider Composed by Robert Schumann
- First Loss Composed by Robert Schumann
- Do What I Do Composed by Kohler
- Trill Exercise Composed by Mason