Exploring Piano Classics Repertoire
Piano - Elementary; Late Elementary
A Masterwork Method for the Developing Pianist. Composed by Nancy Bachus. Graded Standard Repertoire; Masterworks; Piano Collection. Exploring Piano Classics. Masterwork. Book & CD. 24 pages. Published by Alfred Music (AP.31352).
Item Number: AP.31352
ISBN 0739055577. Masterwork.
The Exploring Piano Classics: A Masterworks Method for Developing Pianists series pairs motivating performance repertoire with thoughtful technical studies. Each level contains a Repertoire book with CD and a Technique book, both with convenient page-by-page correlation. When used together, the books give students a deep understanding of the art of music, performance practices, and the necessary skills to play the piano with technical ease. The Repertoire books include pieces from the major style periods, selected and graded based on festival, competition, and examination lists from the United States, Canada, and the United Kingdom. Background information on each style period, its instruments, composers, and the music itself is included. The CD recordings of the repertoire, performed by internationally known clinician and teacher Nancy Bachus, provide an indispensable tool for appropriate musical interpretation. A graduate of the Eastman School of Music with an M.M. in Piano Performance and Literature, Nancy Bachus has performed solo recitals across the U. S., Canada, and Italy, and appeared in the original "Monster Concerts" in venues such as Lincoln Center and the White House. Titles: Bagpipe (Anonymous) * Beginnings Are Difficult (Türk) * Echo Dance (Hainhofer) * Allegretto (Reinagle) * German Dance (Praetorius) * Moderato (Bartók) * Little Waltz, Op. 82, No. 18 (Gurlitt) * Country Dance (Wohlfahrt) * Romance (Wohlfahrt) * Little Star (Czerny) * Folk Dance (Bartók) * The Sherherd Pipes (Salutrinskaya) * Little Minuet (Geoffroy) * Air (Handel) * Hopak (Anonymous) * Minuet in F Major (L. Mozart) * Andantino, Op. 190, No. 25 (Köhler).
- Bagpipe (Baroque) Composed by Anonymous
- Beginnings Are Difficult (Classical) Composed by Daniel Gottlob Turk
- Echo Dance (Baroque) Composed by Philip Hainhofer
- Allegretto (Classical) Composed by Alexander Reinagle
- German Dance (Baroque) Composed by Michael Praetorius
- Moderato (Modern) Composed by Bela Bartok
- Little Waltz, Op. 82, No. 18 (Romantic) Composed by Cornelius Gurlitt
- Country Dance (Romantic) Composed by Heinrich Wohlfahrt
- Romance (Romantic) Composed by Heinrich Wohlfahrt
- Little Star (Classical) Composed by Carl Czerny
- Folk Dance (Modern) Composed by Bela Bartok
- The Shepherd Pipes (Modern) Composed by Tat'iana Salutrinskaya
- Little Minuet (Baroque) Composed by Jean-Nicolas Geoffroy
- Air (Baroque) Composed by George Frideric Handel
- Hopak (Modern) Composed by Anonymous
- Minuet in F Major (Classical) Composed by Leopold Mozart
- Andantino, Op. 190, No. 25 (Romantic) Composed by Louis Kohler