There are currently no items in your cart.
Exploring Haydn (Unlocking the Masters Series, No. 6). By Franz Joseph Haydn (1732-1809). Unlocking the Masters. Softcover with CD. 216 pages. Amadeus Press #1574671162. Published by Amadeus Press (HL.331671).
ISBN 1574671162. 6x9 inches.
No composer has ever achieved the amazing progression that Haydn has. He invented the string quartet as we know it today, became “the Father of the Symphony,” and founded the greatest school in the history of music. His life was one of ceaseless experimentation and invention, of problems surmounted and challenges met.
In this book, No. 6 in the Amadeus Press Unlocking the Masters series, David Hurwitz acquaints readers with Haydn's innovative melodic creativity, his revolutionary use of musical form, and important characteristics of his personal style, including his genius for writing in minor keys and creating comedy in his music. In addition to Haydn's principal instrumental works, Hurwitz explores Haydn's vocal music and instrumental masterpieces that fall outside the mainstream. Four appendixes list all of his symphonies, string quartets, piano sonatas, and piano trios. Two Universal Records CDs provide over two and a half hours of music keyed to pieces described in the book.
About Unlocking the Masters
Ideal for music lovers, beginners and beyond. Each book comes with a CD (or CDs) to enhance the reader's appreciation for the music and its composer. Unlocking the Masters defines and clarifies the "greatness" of the so-called great composers, examines the work and impact of individual composers, and deepens knowledge of composers for music lovers. Accompanying CDs creatively link the music and text.
Unlocking the Masters Series, No. 6
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Unlocking the Masters Series, No. 6
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
More by this Composer: Franz Joseph Haydn Sheet Music
Genre: Classical Period Sheet Music
Series: Unlocking the Masters