There are currently no items in your cart.
Expanding Chordal Horizons composed by John Miller. For Guitar (All). Boxed, Chord Book. Grossman Guitar Workshop. All Styles. Intermediate. 2-DVD Set. Duration 180 minutes. Published by Grossman's Guitar Workshop (MB.GW998SDVD).
In Expanding Chordal Horizons, master guitarist / instructor John Miller returns to the topic of chord theory. Building on the foundation established in his previous set, Intro to Chord Theory and Chord Voicing, John starts from the assumption that the student has a working familiarity with voicing 7th and 6th chords up and down the neck in a variety of shapes. From there, it is a short step to hybrid 7th chords, 9th and 6 9 chords, 13th chords and chordal inversions, all of which are dealt with in disc one of the lesson. In the course of learning how to voice these different chord types, you'll also learn their sounds, and how to use them in the context of a song. Along the way, John introduces a Bossa Nova picking pattern to expand your ability to provide rhythmic accompaniment.
In the PDF study guide that accompanies the lesson, you will be provided with templates to create your own chordal diagrams for the new voicings you have been learning, and by diagramming the chords yourself, you'll engage with the material and absorb and understand it in a way that never happens when simply taking chords from a chord dictionary or finding them on the Internet. Disc two builds on the lessons taught in disc one and further solidifies your command of the material. The songs that John has chosen as teaching vehicles have been selected for their qualities as teaching pieces, as well as their musical appeal.
If you are interested in understanding how to get around on the guitar and voice chords up and down the neck, Expanding Chordal Horizons will get you well on your way. And the understanding that you build will equip you to problem solve and create your own voicings in the future as you encounter new songs or to utilize your new knowledge in your own songs and compositions. It's exciting to venture into these new areas! 180 minutes - Level 3 - 52 page tab/music booklet
Songs include: Disc 1: Watch What Happens, You Took Advantage of Me Disc 2: I Should Care, Blue In Green.
Expanding Chordal Horizons
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Expanding Chordal Horizons
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at email@example.com.
Instrument: Guitar Sheet Music