There are currently no items in your cart.
Exit the Foundry
- Look inside(1)
Exit the Foundry by Ben Hase. For Euphonium and CD. Solo music, 20th century. Published by Potenza Music (P2.80056).
Exit the Foundry was originally commissioned for euphonium by Matthew Turek, a University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire student completing a research project that explored the psychological experience of composition. Turek commissioned works from seven student composers, offering them very few guidelines save the inclusion of his instrument, euphonium. Hase's contribution, Exit the Foundry, incorporates three contrasting sonic elements. The first element, recorded and sampled mechanical sounds, includes various metallic hits, blowtorches, saws, fans, and other industrial noises. The second element, synthetic electronic instruments, consists of synth pads, leads, arpeggios, and an electronic drum kit. The third element is a low/mid register acoustic instrument that offers a contrastingly natural tone and lyrical voice. Hase produced the accompaniment track for Exit the Foundry in a computer based digital audio workstation, and included a multiphonic passage in the live instrument line to offer an aural bridge between the smooth timbre of a live instrument and the sometimes rough and piercing wanderings of the synthetic and mechanical sounds. At the start of the piece, each element battles for its place in the foreground, but inevitably a compromise is reached and all three elements meld into one coherent musical voice.
Exit the Foundry
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Exit the Foundry
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Instrument: Euphonium Sheet Music
Genre: 20th Century Sheet Music