There are currently no items in your cart.
Evita (Musical). Composed by Andrew Lloyd Webber. For Concert Band. Musical / Selections of Opera/Musical/Movies/TV. Movie and Musical. Grade 4. Score. Published by Molenaar Edition (ML.012444100-S).
The musical 'Evita' dates from 1976 and was the third whom composer Andrew Lloyd Webber wrote in collaboration with lyricist Tim Rice. It ran for eight consecutive years in the London West-End and was already acclaimed on Broadway in 1979. Evita' tells the lifestory of the passionate second wife of the Argentinian dictator Juan Peron. Eva Duarte was born in Los Todos in 1919. Her life was similar to that of Cinderella. Though from modest origins, she became the most powerful woman in her country as spouse of Juan Domingo Peron who was president of Argentina from 1946 to 1955. She died of cancer on 26 July 1952, only aged thirty-three and was buried as a national heroine. Even after her death, she was the object of a lay cult with the poorer Argentinian population. Only the army and the aristocracy had always opposed her position next to the president. The story is told by a cynical young man called 'Che'. He envies Evita's success while he cannot sell his invention, a new kind of insecticide. The splendid selection was made and arranged by Marcel Peeters. You hear succesively: 'Overture', 'On this Night of a Thousand Stars', 'Eva beware of the City', 'Buenos-Aires', 'Goodnight and thank You', 'I'd be surprisingly Good for You', 'Another Suitcase in another Hall', 'Waltz for Eva and Che', and the evergreen 'Don't cry for me Argentina'.
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at email@example.com.
Ensemble: Concert Band Music
Level: Grade 4