There are currently no items in your cart.
Essential Music Theory for Electric Bass composed by Robert Garner. For Electric Bass Guitar. Squareback saddle-stitched, Theory & Harmony. All Styles. Beginning. Book. 112 pages. Published by Mel Bay Publications, Inc (MB.20304).
ISBN 9780786677368. All Styles. 8.5 x 11 inches.
This book is designed to help guide a beginning music theory dialogue between instructor and student in private one-on-one lessons. Six areas of beginning music theory are covered. The major scale, the natural minor scale, intervals, triads, seventh chords and harmonized major and minor scales. Fingerings, intervallic structures and note names are also diagrammed in each chapter.
It is highly recommended that this book is used in the course of study with a professional bass instructor, though many players have found the book to be useful in self-study. A good bass teacher will help explain and demonstrate theory concepts in a live setting and also shed additional light in terms of alternate fingerings, ear training and gaining full technical mastery of theory concepts across the entire fingerboard.
- 01) Diagram of Page Layout
- 02) Notes of the Staff
- 03) Notes of the Neck
- 04) Tuning
- 05) Cycle of Fifths
- 06) Chapter One
- 07) Major Scale
- 08) The Whole Step - Half Step Relationship
- 09) Chapter Review
- 10) Chapter Two
- 11) Natural Minor Scale
- 12) Shifting Technique for Major and Minor Scales
- 13) Chapter Review
- 14) Chapter Three
- 15) Intervals
- 16) Alphabetical Spelling - Intervals
- 17) Chapter Review
- 18) Chapter Four
- 19) Triads - Chord Structure
- 20) Alphabetical Spellings: Chords
- 21) Chapter Review
- 22) Chapter Five
- 23) Seventh Chords
- 24) Table of Triads & 7th Chords
- 25) Chapter Review
- 26) Chapter Six
- 27) Chords of the Major and Minor Scale
- 28) Chord Formula
- 29) Ear Training
- 30) Chapter Review
Essential Music Theory for Electric Bass
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Essential Music Theory for Electric Bass
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Instrument: Bass Guitar Sheet Music
Format: Collection / Songbook