Essential Keyboard Duets, Volume 4
Piano - Early Advanced; Late Intermediate
7 Transcriptions for Late Intermediate to Early Advanced Pianists. Edited by Lucy Mauro and Scott Beard. Duet or Duo; Graded Standard Repertoire; Masterworks; Piano Duet (1 Piano, 4 Hands). Alfred Masterwork Edition: Essential Keyboard Repertoire. Masterwork; Recital. Book. 136 pages. Published by Alfred Music (AP.32803).
Item Number: AP.32803
These duet transcriptions provide pianists the opportunity to become familiar with a broad range of literature and to experience well-known works in a more immediate and in-depth manner. The pieces in this collection make excellent repertoire selections for piano ensemble classes, in both the private studio and at the college level. Titles: Toccata and Fugue in D Minor (Bach / Trans. Reger) * Allegro con Brio (from Symphony No. 5) (Beethoven / Trans. Ulrich) * Nocturne No. 5 (Field / Trans. Liszt) * Andante (from Symphony No. 94, "Surprise") (Haydn / Trans. Ulrich) * Andante (from Octet in E-flat Major) (Mendelssohn) * Overture (from The Magic Flute) (Mozart / Trans. Ulrich) * Overture (from The Barber of Seville) (Rossini / Trans. Schoenberg). The comb binding creates a lay-flat book that is perfect for study and performance.
- Toccata And Fugue In D Minor Composed by Johann Sebastian Bach, Trans. Reger
- Allegro con brio (from Symphony No. 5) Composed by Ludwig Van Beethoven, Trans. Ulrich
- Nocturne No. 5 Composed by John Field, Trans. Liszt
- Andante (from Symphony No. 94, "Surprise") Composed by Joseph Haydn, Trans. Ulrich
- Andante (from Octet in E-flat Major) Composed by Felix Bartholdy Mendelssohn
- Overture (from The Magic Flute) Composed by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
- Overture (from The Barber of Seville) Composed by Gioachino Rossini, Trans. Schoenberg