There are currently no items in your cart.
Essential Jazz Lines: In the Style of Wes Montgomery composed by Corey Christiansen. For Guitar (All). Saddle-stitched, Licks and Phrases. Essential Jazz Lines. Jazz play along. Intermediate. Book/CD Set. 72 pages. Published by Mel Bay Publications, Inc (MB.99905BCD).
ISBN 9780786661787. Jazz play along. 8.75 x 11.75 inches.
Wes Montgomery took jazz guitar to a new level when he came to the public's attention in the late 1950's. Known for his fluid lines and his big jazz guitar sound, Wes influenced thousands of guitarists in the styles of jazz, blues, and rock. This book will present some of the soloing techniques that Wes used as well has present many melodic ideas (lines) similar to the way he played over the chord progression in many jazz standards. Because the major and minor ii-V-I progression are the most widely used chord progression in jazz standards, the lines in this text will work over these progressions. The accompanying CD contains many play-along tracks (vamps of one chord and vamps around the circle of fourths) that the student should use to practice the material in one key and then master it in all twelve keys. By learning the techniques used by Wes Montgomery, guitarists will add to their own improvising arsenal. As improvising musicians add to their collection of musical ideas, their ability to express themselves completely increases. Have fun studying these ideas and applying them in improvised solos.
- Wes Montgomery Introduction
- Wes Montgomery and Charlie Parker
- Guide Tones
- Bebop Scales
- Mixolydian Bebop
- Dorian Bebop
- Major Bebop
- 3 to b9
- Fingering Charts
- Playing the Upper Structure of Chords
- Transposed Arpeggio Examples
- Playing Octaves
- Block chords
- Chord Substitution
- Solo Development
- Minor Ideas
- Dominant Seventh Ideas
- Short ii-V Ideas
- Long ii-V Ideas
- Major Ideas
- Minor ii-V Ideas
- Short ii-V-I Progressions
- Long ii-V-I Progressions
- Minor ii-V-I Progressions
- Chord Progression...
- Similar to "Misty"
- Bb 12 Bar Blues
- CD Contents:
- Minor Chord Vamp
- Minor Moving in Fourths
- Dominant Seventh Vamp
- Dominant Seventh Moving in Fourths
- Short ii-V Vamp
- Short ii-V Moving in Fourths
- Long ii-V
- Long ii-V Moving in Fourths
- Major Chord Vamp
- Major Chords Moving in Fourths
- Minor ii-V Vamp
- Minor ii-V Moving in Fourths
- Short ii-V-I Vamp
- Short ii-V-I Moving in Fourths
- Long ii-V-I Vamp
- Long ii-V-I Moving in Fourths
- Minor ii-V-I Vamp
- Minor ii-V-I Moving in Fourths
- Turnaround Vamp
- Turnaround Moving in Fourths
- Progression similar to "Misty"
Essential Jazz Lines: In the Style of Wes Montgomery
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Essential Jazz Lines: In the Style of Wes Montgomery
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Instrument: Electric Guitar Sheet Music
Genre: Jazz Sheet Music
Series: Essential Jazz Lines