Essential Elements for Jazz Ensemble (Trombone)
Jazz Ensemble, Trombone - Grade 1-2
Essential Elements for Jazz Ensemble. Softcover Media Online. 32 pages. Published by Hal Leonard (HL.841351).
Item Number: HL.841351
ISBN 0793596254. 9x12 inches.
Designed to teach jazz basics to students with 1-2 years playing experience (but no prior experience playing jazz), Essential Elements for Jazz Ensemble is great for individual or classroom use.
• Teaches the basics of swing style in a step-by-step approach, using well-known songs
• Improvisation made easy, starting with simple two-measure phrases
• Scales and basic theory introduced in an easy-to-understand format
• Two CDs included with recordings of all exercises and arrangements
• Seven full band arrangements
• Sample solos
• Jazz history and people
- Jingle Bells
- Riffin' Around
- Boppin' Around
- Salsa Caliente
- A-Tisket A-Tasket
- Ballin' the Jack
- London Bridge
- St. Louis Blues
- When The Saints Go Marching In