English Pastoral Partsongs
SATB choir, a cappella - Level B-D (easy - difficult)
Edited by Paul Spicer. Mixed Voices. Secular, Choral Collection. Vocal score. 128 pages. Published by Oxford University Press (OU.9780193437227).
Item Number: OU.9780193437227
ISBN 9780193437227. Secular, Choral Collection. 10 x 7 inches.
A collection of 19 partsongs for unaccompanied SATB by British composers writing in the first half of the twentieth century. There are a variety of pieces, from settings of simple beauty to more opulent works that are rich in chromaticism and sonority.
- In the Wilderness Composed by Bainton
- The splendour falls on castle walls Composed by Frederick Delius
- To Daffodils Composed by Farrar
- My Spirit Sang All Day Composed by Gerald Finzi
- I Praise the Tender Flower Composed by Gerald Finzi
- Haste on, my joys! Composed by Gerald Finzi
- Devotion Composed by Armstrong Gibbs
- This have I done for my true love Composed by Gustav Holst
- Dream Tryst Composed by Gustav Holst
- The Scribe Composed by Herbert Howells
- The hills Composed by John Ireland
- Love Is A Sickness Composed by Moeran
- O Mistress Mine Composed by Murrill
- Three Shakespeare Songs Composed by Ralph Vaughan Williams
- Silence and Music Composed by Ralph Vaughan Williams
- Soft music Composed by Walker
- The spring of the year Composed by Peter Warlock