English Airs & Dances
Bassoon, Cello, Flute, Oboe, Piano, Violin (Violin)
16 Easy to Intermediate Pieces from 18th-Century England Violin (Flute or Oboe) and Keyboard. Composed by Various. Arranged by Jeremy Barlow. Schott. Book with CD. 58 pages. Schott Music #ED12861. Published by Schott Music (HL.49030533).
Item Number: HL.49030533
ISBN 1902455487. 9x12 inches.
The collection includes country dances, Cheshire rounds, hornpipes, and pantomime tunes, plus examples of the march, minuet, siciliana, gavotte, and jig. Featured composers include Arne, Earl of Abingdon, Hebden, Holcombe, Linley, Roseingrave, Stanley, Thackray.
“This collection of early English music for violin, flute, or oboe with keyboard accompaniment has an array of styles including marches, ballads, folk tunes, and a variety of dance music. There are extensive program and performance notes for each selection that explain the texts together with historical background and interpretive detail.”--The Instrumentalist
- Portsmouth (Anon.)
- Two Cheshire Rounds (Anon.)
- Bloomsbury Market (Anon.)
- Excuse me (Dowland)
- New Perro (Anon.)
- Black Joke (Anon.)
- Cackling of the hens (Anon.)
- Air in E Minor (Holcombe)
- Gavotte (Roseingrave)
- Largo e Siciliano (Hebden)
- Minuet with variation (Stanley)
- The Sprite Mirth in distress for the loss of Harlequin (Linley)
- The Yorkshire Buffs' March (Thackray)
- Hop Tops (Earl of Abingdon)
- The blossoms of May (Earl of Abingdon)
- Hornpipe (Arne)