There are currently no items in your cart.
Emeraude composed by Jean-Francois Michel. For trombone quartet (3 tenor trombones, bass trombone). Contemporary. Difficulty: intermediate/advanced. Score and parts. Composed 2013. Duration 5 minutes. Published by Editions BIM (ET.TB85).
In 2008, trombone virtuoso Branimir Slokar asked Jean-Francois Michel to write a piece to open the concerts of his trombone quartet. Five years later, for the 40th anniversary of his well known ensemble (1973-2013), Slokar renewed his request, but this time asked for a piece for the conclusion of concerts. The present composition, Emeraude, takes its title from the French word for emerald, the precious green diaphanous stone, the symbol for both the 40th anniversary celebrations of the quartet and the long friendship and mutual admiration shared by these two artists. The first part includes a succession of heroic motifs, introducing each performer one by one in succession as they proceed from backstage to onstage. Once they have all arrived in their normal stage positions, what follows is a spectacular Allegro vivo with subtle dissonances which enhance the virtuosity and precise ensemble playing of the 4 trombonists. It ends with a bacchanal apotheosis, which serves as a final "adieu" to the audience.
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Instrument: Bass Trombone Sheet Music
Ensemble: Trombone Quartet Music