Elementary Instruction for the Pianoforte
Piano - SMP Level 3 (Early Intermediate)
(Metodo de Instruccion Elemental). Composed by Ferdinand Beyer. Edited by William Scharfenberg. Piano Method. 80 pages. G. Schirmer #ED27. Published by G. Schirmer (HL.50325580).
Item Number: HL.50325580
ISBN 0793552885. 9x12 inches.
This title has selections that range in difficulty from SMP Level 1-3.
About SMP Level 3 (Early Intermediate)
Independent movement of the left hand. Multiple chords in a measure, and the introduction of triplets.
- FIRST PART
- Elementary Remarks
- Exercises for the touch, for each hand alone, and both together
- Air with 12 Variations, for three hands; viz: for the teacher, and the pupil's right hand alone
- Air with 8 Variations, for three hands; viz: for the teacher, and the pupil's left hand alone
- Duets for the teacher and the pupil's both hands
- Exercises for both hands, within the Intervals of C4-G4 and C5-G5
- Duets for acquiring the knowledge of the notes up to D6
- Exercise for acquiring the knowledge of the notes down to G3
- Duets for acquiring the knowledge of the notes up to E6
- Duets for the exercise of the Value of the notes up to Eighth Notes
- Exercises in Eighth Notes
- Of the notes in the Bass Clef and their use, with a comparison of the notes of the Treble and Bass Clefs
- Duets in Eighth Notes
- (Up to here chiefly with the hand in the same position)
- SECOND PART
- Exercises for both hands in the easiest scales
- Double-notes, Triplets, Appoggiaturas, etc.
- Duets for the Exercise of the Value of the notes up to Sixteenth-Notes, and for acquiring fluency in execution
- Exercises for both hands in Eighth-Notes, dotted Eighth- and Sixteenth-Notes, etc.
- Chromatic Scale and Exercises for it
- Six short pieces for Recreation
- Finger Exercises for each hand alone, and both together
- 24 major and minor Scales
- Succession of all the keys and their relationship