There are currently no items in your cart.
Eisenhower Farewell Address (Parts) composed by Jack Curtis Dubowsky. For Chamber Orchestra (2221/2211/timpani/percussion/strings/orator). Orchestra. Contemporary. Set of parts. Composed 2008. Duration 30:00. Published by De Stijl Music (D1.SM-08-0002X).
Eisenhower Farewell Address, like Aaron Copland's Lincoln Portrait, uses a speaker in conjunction with live orchestra. The text is excerpted from one of the most renown Presidential speeches in US history. Dwight David Eisenhower, Five-Star General and Supreme Commander of the Allied Forces in Europe, resigned his Army commission in order to become thirty-fourth President of the United States. Eisenhower served two terms as President, and delivered a televised Farewell Address on January 17, 1961 from the Oval Office. In his speech, Eisenhower warned the country of a growing danger he called the "military industrial complex." This was the first use of the term to describe the iron triangle of the military, the government, and the defense industry. The speech is remarkable for its prescience and its relevance today. Although many feared the "red menace," Eisenhower was keenly aware that changes in society had established a permanent arms industry at home, and he called for an alert and responsible citizenry to be wary of it so as to ensure worldwide security and liberty.
Eisenhower Farewell Address (Parts)
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Eisenhower Farewell Address (Parts)
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at email@example.com.
Ensemble: Chamber Orchestra Music
Genre: Classical Sheet Music
Format: Set of Parts