Effective Etudes For Jazz - Tenor Saxophone (Book with CD)
Composed by Mike Carubia and Jeff Jarvis. Jazz Improvisation Method. Method book & CD. Published by Kendor Music Inc (KN.20693).
Item Number: KN.20693
This collection of 18 audition/performance etudes based on the chord progressions to popular jazz standards, blues, and rhythm changes. The collection was designed for honors jazz band auditions, solo evaluations, group lessons, teaching the jazz language and improvisation, learning standards, and more. Presented sequentially according to difficulty, the etudes have annotations beneath the staves identifying phrases and patterns common to the jazz language. Chord reference charts show users the notes of all chord symbols in each etude. Each book comes with a compact disc recording of a professional rhythm section and soloist performing all the etudes, plus separate accompaniment tracks without the soloist.
- Keep Smilin' - based on "When You're Smiling"
- Moonmen - based on "Moonglow"
- Minor Is Finer - minor blues in Bb
- Baggage Claim Blues - blues in Bb chord changes
- Dido - based on "Perdido"
- Isle Of Melon - based on "Cantaloupe Island"
- It's From Heaven - based on "Pennies From Heaven"
- The Moon Is High - based on "How High The Moon"
- Blue Note Blues - blues in F
- Softly - based on "Softly As In A Morning Sunrise"
- You're The Last One - based on "There Will Never Be Another You"
- I Got Yer Rhythm! - based on "I've Got Rhythm" in Bb
- The Sum Of Your Attributes - based on "All The Things You Are"
- This Is Love - based on "What Is This Thing Called Love"
- My Glowing Moment - based on "My Shining Hour"
- Sweet Georgia - based on "Sweet Georgia Brown"
- It's Nobody For Me - based on "It's You Or No One"
- I Got Rid Of 'Em - based on "I've Got Rhythm" in F