There are currently no items in your cart.
Edvard Grieg (Eine Biographie). By Hella Brock. This edition: SEM 8375. Books/Librettos. Series Music. Dieses Buch richtet sich an musikinteressierte Laien wie an den Musikwissenschaftler und verbindet die Darstellung von Lebensstationen und historisch-kulturellem Umfeld Griegs mit Zitaten aus seinen Briefen, zahlreichen instruktiv kommentierten Notenbeisp. Text language: German. 398 pages. Published by Schott Music (SD.49041721).
ISBN 9783254083753. With Text language: German.
Edvard Grieg (1843-1907) was a celebrated figure in the European music scene in his own lifetime. Warmly welcomed and recommended by Liszt and highly esteemed by Brahms and Tchaikovsky, he took the concert halls by storm with his compositions, influenced by the late-Romantic spirit and advancing as far as musical Impressionism, such the Piano Concerto, the music of Ibsen's Peer Gynt and numerous songs. His Lyrical Pieces delighted all piano-playing music lovers.Grieg had studied at the Leipzig Conservatoire and once called himself 'musically speaking, entirely German'. After his return to his home country, he listened with rapt attention to the songs and dances of the Norwegian farmers and developed his characteristic style on the basis of this music. To him, that was not only a musical, but also a political issue. Grieg, a master of poetry in music, was both an active democrat and a patriot, his ideals being justice and humanity.
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.