There are currently no items in your cart.
Edifice (Trumpet Feature). Composed by David Jarvis. Solo with Percussion Ensemble. For Solo with Percussion Ensemble (Solo Trumpet (Piccolo Trumpet for 2nd movement), Player 1 (Xylophone, 4-oct Marimba, Metal Pipe, Brake Drum, Suspended Cymbal, 2 Woodblocks, 2 Large Bass Drums), Player 2 (4.3-oct Marimba, Vibraphone, 3 Tin Cans), Player 3 (Vibraphone, Claves), Player 4 (). Medium. Score and parts. Duration 13:00. Published by C. Alan Publications (CN.17310).
Edifice, which means "structure" attempts to create three contrasting musical scenarios. The first of the three movements, entitled Rising Pillars, captures the building's physical structure made up of high ceilings and tall support columns. The second, Nocturne represents the mood of the building in the dead of night when all is quiet. The final movement is entitled The Work Day and is intended to humorously capture the daily "hustle and bustle" of day-to-day employment.
Edifice was commissioned by Washington State University for the dedication of the new addition to French Administration known as the Lighty Building and received it's world premier on October 19, 1996. It was originally written for trumpet and electronic percussion using the Roland Octopad Trigger System controlling a Roland MT-32 Sound Module. The 2007 version is a re-orchestration of the synthesizer sounds for traditional percussion instruments. Edifice, which means "structure" attempts to create three contrasting musical scenarios. The first of the three movements, entitled Rising Pillars, captures the building's physical structure made up of high ceilings and tall support columns. The second, Nocturne represents the mood of the building in the dead of night when all is quiet. The final movement is entitled The Work Day and is intended to humorously capture the daily "hustle and bustle" of day-to-day employment. The re-orchestrated version received it's premier on February 9, 2007 at the WSU Festival of Contemporary Art Music in Pullman, WA. It was performed by the Washington State University Percussion Ensemble under the direction of the composer with David Turnbull as trumpet soloist.
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at email@example.com.
More by this Composer: David Jarvis Sheet Music David Jarvis Drums Sheet Music David Jarvis Marimba Sheet Music David Jarvis Percussion Sheet Music David Jarvis Piccolo Trumpet Sheet Music David Jarvis Trumpet Solo Sheet Music David Jarvis Vibraphone Sheet Music David Jarvis Xylophone Sheet Music David Jarvis Percussion Ensemble Sheet Music
Ensemble: Percussion Ensemble Music