There are currently no items in your cart.
Echoes of the 1860s arranged by Donald Hunsberger. Concert Band. Concert Band. Donald Hunsberger Wind Library. Grade 4. Conductor Score & Parts. Published by Alfred Music (AP.DHM021).
The years surrounding the American Civil War became a gathering place, a focusing point in the development of the American wind band with several major peronages providing leadership during this vital era: Harvey and Allen Dodworth, Thomas Eaton, Patrick S. Gilmore, David L. Downing, Thomas Coates, and especially Claudio S. Grafulla. The current compilation is drawn from the band books of the Third Regiment, New Hampshire Band, also known as the Port Royal band, along with those of the 26th Regimental Band, North Carolina Troops, CSA, were the source of music for Frederick Fennell's historic recording in the early 1960s of music of the Civil War. Hunsberger's contemporary arrangements for today's band include Grafulla's setting of "The Star Spangled Banner," "General Lee's Grand March," "Come Where My Love Lies Dreaming," "Port Royal Galop," "Lorena," "Storm Galop," and two fife and drum calls: "Recruiting Sergeant" and "Retreat.".
Echoes of the 1860s
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Echoes of the 1860s
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ensemble: Concert Band Music
Genre: 1960s Sheet Music
Level: Grade 4
Series: Donald Hunsberger Wind Library