Easy Songs for the Beginning Soprano
Vocal, Piano Accompaniment - Difficulty: medium
With companion recorded piano accompaniments. Vocal Collection. Vocal Standards, Classical and Play Along. Softcover Audio Online. With vocal melody, lyrics and piano accompaniment. 64 pages. Published by G. Schirmer (HL.50483756).
Item Number: HL.50483756
ISBN 0634019686. 9x12 inches.
This series was designed to supplement traditional vocal instruction and works perfectly as preparatory literature for The First Book of Solos and The First Book of Solos Part II. Each piece is in English and has a limited vocal range as well as a piano accompaniment that is playable by a student pianist. The pieces include art songs, folksongs, humorous songs, and suitable vintage popular songs and are all appropriate for contest solos. The book includes companion recorded accompaniments.
Soprano Contents: Alice Blue Gown • April Showers • Butterflies (Schulz) • Cradle Song (Brahms) • Evening Prayer from Hansel and Gretel (Humperdinck) • The False Prophet (Scott) • Florian's Song (Godard) • Golden Slumbers (English folksong) • It Was a Lover and His Lass (Austin) • Ladybird (Schumann) • The Lilac Tree (Gartlin) • The Little Sandman (arr. Brahms) • My Little Heart (Weckerlin) • The Nightingale (Alabieff) • Oh! Dear, What Can the Matter Be? (16th Century) • Oh, Pretty Birds (Rigel) • The Rosebush (Himmel) • The Sweetest Flower that Blows (Hawley) • Two Marionettes (Cooke) • The Willow Song (16th Century) • The Willow Tree (arr. Reimann) • The Winter It Is Past (arr. Hopekirk).
- Alice Blue Gown (Harry Tierney)
- April Showers (Louis Silvers)
- Butterflies (Johann Abraham Peter Schulz)
- Cradle Song (Johannes Brahms)
- Evening Prayer (E. Humperdinck)
- The False Prophet (John Prindle Scott)
- The Lilac Tree (George Gartlin)
- Florian's Song (Benjamin Godard)
- Golden Slumbers
- It Was A Lover and His Lass (Frederic Austin)
- Ladybird (Robert Schumann)
- The Little Sandman (Volks-Kinderlieder)
- My Little Heart (Jean-Baptiste Weckerlin)
- The Nightingale (Alexander Alabieff)
- Oh! Dear, What Can the Matter Be?
- Oh, Pretty Birds (Henri-Joseph Rigel)
- The Winter It Is Past
- The Rosebush (Friedrich Heinrich Himmel)
- The Sweetest Flower That Blows (Charles B. Hawley)
- Two Marionettes (Edith Cooke)
- The Willow Song
- The Willow Tree