Easy Songs for the Beginning Baritone/Bass
Vocal, Piano Accompaniment
Composed by Various. Edited by Joan Frey Boytim. Vocal Collection. Softcover Audio Online. 72 pages. Published by G. Schirmer (HL.50483759).
Item Number: HL.50483759
ISBN 0634019724. 9x12 inches.
This series was designed to supplement traditional vocal instruction and works perfectly as preparatory literature for The First Book of Solos and The First Book of Solos Part II. Each piece is in English and has a limited vocal range as well as a piano accompaniment that is playable by a student pianist. The pieces include art songs, folksongs, humorous songs, and suitable vintage popular songs and are all appropriate for contest solos. The book includes a code to acess professionally-recorded piano accompaniments online via download or streaming.
Baritone/Bass Contents: Aura Lee (Poulton) • Beautiful Dreamer (Foster) • The Erie Canal (Folksong) • Foolish Questions (Folksong) • Funiculi, Funicula (Denza) • Go Down, Moses • I Wish I Was Single Again (Beckel) • If You Were the Only Girl in the World (Ayer) • The Jolly Miller (arr. Manney) • Joshua Fit the Battle of Jericho • The Lark in the Morn (arr. Sharp) • The Lost Chord (Sullivan) • The Minstrel Boy (arr. Weckerlin) • Mrs. Murphy's Chowder (arr. Culli) • Out of My Soul's Great Sadness (Franz) • Request (Franz) • Simple Gifts (Shaker song) • Smick, Smack, Smuck (Sousa) • Sometimes I Feel Like a Motherless Child (arr. Burleigh) • The Story of a Tack (Parks) • Swing Low, Sweet Chariot • Where Did You Get That Hat? (Sullivan) • While Strolling Through the Park One Day • You'll Miss Lots of Fun When You're Married (Sousa).
- Aura Lee (G. Poulton)
- Beautiful Dreamer (Stephen Foster)
- Funiculi, Funicula (L. Denza)
- Foolish Questions (Arr. B. Culli)
- Go Down, Moses (Arr. B. Culli)
- I Wish I Was Single Again (J. Beckel)
- If You Were the Only Girl in the World (N. Ayer)
- Joshua Fit the Battle of Jericho (Arr. Cynthia Jackson)
- Mrs. Murphy's Chowder (Arr. Ben Culli)
- Smick, Smack, Smuck (John Sousa)
- Out of My Soul's Great Sadness (R. Franz)
- Request (Robert Franz)
- Sometimes I Feel Like A Motherless Child (Arr. Harry Burleigh)
- Where Did You Get That Hat? (J. Sullivan)
- Swing Low, Sweet Chariot (Arr. Cynthia Jackson)
- While Strolling Through the Park One Day (Haley/Keiser)
- You'll Miss Lots of Fun When You're Married (J Sousa)
- LOST CHORD, THE (A. SULLIVAN)
- JOLLY MILLER, THE (ARR. C. MANNEY)
- LARK IN THE MORN, THE (ARR. CECIL SHARP)
- MINSTREL BOY, THE (ARR. J B WECKERLIN)
- STORY OF A TACK, THE (J. A. PARKS)