There are currently no items in your cart.
Easy Soloing for Blues Keyboard by Tricia Woods. For Keyboard; Piano. Keyboard/Piano; Method/Instruction. Blues. Advanced. Book & CD. 48 pages. Published by Alfred Music (AP.28252).
ISBN 0739048082. Blues.
For blues musicians, there is no better feeling than improvising a great solo. Spontaneously creating music that comes from the heart is very rewarding. But if youâ€™ve never tried it before, soloing can be intimidating. Which notes do I play? How do I come up with new ideas? What if I make a mistake? Easy Soloing for Blues Keyboard helps you overcome these doubts. Youâ€™ll learn easy methods to approach soloing with confidence. Instead of learning a lot of technical music theory, youâ€™ll get practical guidelines you can use in real life. The blues has influenced many types of music, so youâ€™ll be able to apply what you learn to a wide variety of musical situations. This is an excellent book for experienced musicians who are new to improvising, beginning players with a love for the blues, or busy people looking for a quick, low-stress introduction to soloing. A CD demonstrating all the examples featured in the book is included.
- Middle C
- The Grand Staff
- Sharps and Flats
- Half Steps And Whole Steps
- The Major Scale
Ingredients for a 12-Bar Blues
- Simple Blues in C
- Feelin' the Shuffle Blues
- Dominant Chords
Improvising: Telling Your Own Story
- Soloing with Just Two Notes
- Live at the Two-Note
- Two is Enough
- Soloing with Three Notes
- Three's Company
- Combining Two-Note and Three-Note Ideas
- Tag It On
The Minor Pentatonic and Blues Scales
- Flat City Blues
- Going Downstairs
- It's All Downhill
Getting More Mileage Out Of Your Ideas
- Play Clusters from the Scale in Repeating Patterns
- Rhythm, Rhythm, Rhythm
- Add the Root or the 5th Above Your Ideas
- Over the Top Blues
- Use Octaves to Emphasize Ideas
- Use Trills to Create a Dramatic Effect
- Take a Simple Idea and Repeat It Over Different Octaves
- Chicago Style
Playing Off the Chords
- Triad Blues
- Passing Tone Blues
- The Pull-Off
- The On-Again, Off-Again Blues
- Approach Tones
- Approachin', Encroachin' Blues
- Chord-Tone Exercise
Another Way to Make the Changes
- Makin' the Changes Blues
- More About the V Chord
- High Five Blues
- Playing Over Turnarounds and ii-V7 Progressions
- Turnaround Exercises
Putting It All Together For The Hippest Sound
- Together Forever Blues
- The Balloon Approach
- Hot Air Blues
- Repeat, Combine, Extend
- It's All About Me
Conclusion: Enough Already, Time to Jam!
- Key to Listening Exercises
Easy Soloing for Blues Keyboard
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Easy Soloing for Blues Keyboard
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Genre: Blues Sheet Music