Easy Mandolin Solos
Mandolin - Beginning
Composed by Dick Weissman and Mike Connolly. Saddle-stitched, Solos. Value Line. Bluegrass & Country. Book/CD Set. Published by Mel Bay Publications, Inc (MB.96547BCD).
Item Number: MB.96547BCD
ISBN 9780786626939. 8.75 x 11.75 inches.
This book of original melodies is intended for the beginning mandolin student who can already read music or tab and play basic chords, but wants to learn new techniques and have fun in the process. In addition to its intrinsic musical value, each selection has a specific didactic intent - teaching hammer-ons and pull-offs, crosspicking, the Phrygian mode, or some other essential musical or technical element. Accompaniment chords and performance notes are provided for each tune written in notation and tab. Mandolin chord diagrams further enhance this text to make it perfect supplement to any method book or private course of instruction. A companion CD is included at a great price!
- Minor Waltz Performed by Dick Weissman
- Rocky Mountain Waltz
- Where The Rivers Change Direction
- Four O'clock Boogie
- Rainy Day Jig
- Tie One On
- Some Clues On The Blues
- Sally Get Your Shoes On
- Cross Country
- Rolling Scales
- Steffi's Polka
- Three Plus Two Performed by Dick Weissman
- Toss The Accordion
- October Breeze
- Can You Pull It Off?
- The Goose Is Gone
- Rest For The Weary Performed by Dick Weissman
- Hammers #2 Performed by Dick Weissman
- Minor Blues Performed by Dick Weissman
- Motorcycle #2 Performed by Dick Weissman & Mike Connolly
- Greek To Me Performed by Dick Weissman
- The Phrygian Phantom Performed by Dick Weissman
- Arpeggios In Wonderland