There are currently no items in your cart.
Easy Irish and Celtic Melodies for 5-String Banjo: Best-Loved Airs and Session Tunes
5-string banjo - Beginning-Intermediate
Best-Loved Airs and Session Tunes. Composed by Tom Hanway. Saddle-stitched. Celtic / Irish. Book/CD Set. 52 pages. Published by Mel Bay Publications, Inc (MB.21598BCD).
Item Number: MB.21598BCD
ISBN 9780786684748. Celtic / Irish. 8.75 x 11.75 inches.
This book and accompanying audio present Irish, Celtic and British Isles folk melodies for the 5-string banjo. The book demonstrates contemporary Celtic fingerstyle banjo in G tuning using modern techniques. 32 airs and song melodies are presented, with chords written in standard notation and tablature. Play-along and up-to-speed tracks are included in the audio. The tunes are suited for beginner and intermediate players, and include practice tempo suggestions. Advanced players will also benefit by learning subtle arrangements of traditional pieces. This is the companion work to Mel Bay's Easy Irish and Celtic Tunes for 5-String Banjo: Best-Loved Jigs and Reels (2012), with 68 tunes, combining for a total of 100 Celtic melodies. The pieces can be played individually or combined for session playing.
- 1. As I Roved Out
- 2. Believe Me, If All Those Endearing Young Charms Lyrics by Thomas Moore
- 3. Boolavogue Lyrics by Patrick Joseph McCall
- 4. The Boys of Wexford Lyrics by Darley And McCall
- 5. Carrickfergus
- 6. The Cliffs of Dooneen Lyrics by Jack McAuliffe
- 7. Danny Boy Lyrics by Frederic Weatherly
- 8. The Dawning of the Day Lyrics by Thomas Connellan
- 9. Down by the Salley Gardens Lyrics by William Butler Yeats
- 10. The Hills of Connemara
- 11. I'll Tell Me Ma
- 12. Loch Lomond (The Bonnie Banks o' Loch Lomond)
- 13. The Mountains of Mourne
- 14. On Raglan Road (High setting)
- 15. On Raglan Road (Low setting)
- 16. Peggy Lettermore Lyrics by Mairtin O'Clochartaigh And Padraic O'Maille
- 17. Raglan Road..
- 18. The Rising of the Moon Lyrics by John Keegan Casey
- 19. Roddy McCorley Lyrics by Ethna Carbery
- 20. Scotland the Brave
- 21. The Skye Boat Song
- 22. The South Wind
- 23. Spancil Hill Lyrics by Michael Considine
- 24. The Spanish Lady (song)
- 25. The Spanish Lady (tune)
- 26. The Stack of Barley
- 27. The Star of the County Down
- 28. The Water is Wide (O Waly, Waly)
- 29. The Wearing of the Green Lyrics by Dion Boucicault
- 30. The Wearing of the Green Lyrics by Dion Boucicault
- 31. When You and I Were Young, Maggie Lyrics by G.W. Johnson And J.A. Butterfield
- 32. Whiskey in the Jar
Customers Who Bought Easy Irish and Celtic Melodies for 5-String Banjo: Best-Loved Airs and Session Tunes Also Bought: