Easy As Do - Re - Mi, Book 1, Cello
Cello - Easy/Beginner
Composed by Jennie Lou Klim. Method, Classroom. Individual Part. 48 pages. Published by Beachside Publications (S0.153063).
Item Number: S0.153063
Easy As Do-Re-Mi, complete in two books, is a modern method for teaching strings in a classroom setting, based on time-honored principles of the noted pedagogues of the past. It is a method for teachers with differing backgrounds, training, and expertise, who are looking for a guide to teaching note reading that is logical, sequential, and easy to understand. The fundamentals of string playing are introduced, one at a time, on uncluttered pages, with a solid emphasis on finger patterns. It has proven to be extremely successful in the many schools where it has been tested, and its strength lies in its simplicity.
This method was written, after many years of teaching in the public schools, and addresses the issues and differences, that separate private and classroom teaching. Because of the different needs of the instruments, teaching in the classroom presents many challenges which don’t exist in the private studio. It is my firm belief that it is most efficient for the violin (and viola) to learn with the highest string, the E (and A), when beginning to play their instruments. However, when teaching in the classroom, with unison playing, it is a necessary compromise for students to begin on the D string.
It has been evident to me, that students learn most easily and rapidly, when the fundamentals are presented very simply, one at a time. The goal is to become fluent on the violin, viola, cello, or bass. Without the distraction of extraneous material on the page, the student is able to focus on the music.
Specific Advantages in Book I
1. The method begins with a suggested rote instruction, setting the hand for the Major tetrachord.
2. Students read the notes of the D Major tetrachord, without the distraction of letter names.
3. Fingering is indicated, when a note is presented, without becoming dependent on fingering for note reading.
4. Rhythm is introduces in terms of words, eliminating the confusion with conflicting numbers.
5. No clever pictures, graphics, lyrics, or other extraneous material on the page to distract the student from reading the music.
6. No suggested tempo markings, because of the varying levels of the students. The teacher can choose the tempo that best suits the class.
7. Competency in rhythmic patterns and bowing techniques is developed with original songs, and from the classic and folk literature, in the keys of D and G Major.
8. Students experience the joy of playing in unison and in harmony.
About SMP Press
This product was created by a member of SMP Press, our global community of independent composers, arrangers, and songwriters. Our independent musicians have created unique compositions and arrangements for the Sheet Music Plus community, many of which are not available anywhere else.
Click here to see more titles from these independent creators and to learn more about SMP Press.
Please note this product may not be eligible for all sales, promotions or coupons offered through Sheet Music Plus - please check promotional details for specifics.
About Digital Downloads
Digital Downloads are downloadable sheet music files that can be viewed directly on your computer, tablet or mobile device. Once you download your digital sheet music, you can view and print it at home, school, or anywhere you want to make music, and you don’t have to be connected to the internet. Just purchase, download and play!
PLEASE NOTE: Your Digital Download will have a watermark at the bottom of each page that will include your name, purchase date and number of copies purchased. You are only authorized to print the number of copies that you have purchased. You may not digitally distribute or print more copies than purchased for use (i.e., you may not print or digitally distribute individual copies to friends or students).