Early Start on the Viola, Volume 3
Elementary duets. Dances and other pieces in various keys. Composed by Egon Sassmannshaus; Kurt Sassmannshaus. Stapled. Barenreiter's Sassmannshaus. Instructional. Performance score. Published by Baerenreiter Verlag (BA.BA9688).
Item Number: BA.BA9688
ISBN 9790006539307. 30 x 23 cm inches. Text Language: English. Illustrations: Charlotte Panowsky.
Original German title: Fruher Anfang auf der Bratsche - Band 3; Fruhes Duospiel - Tanze und Spielstucke in verschiedenen Tonarten. The third volume emphasizes duet playing in a great variety of keys and rhythms and musical styles. Different finger patterns and strokes are thoroughly practiced.
About Baerenreiter's Sassmannshaus
Children playfully learn reliable technique at the earliest age. For more than three decades the Sassmannshaus Tradition has been the household name for excellence in beginner methods in German-speaking countries. More than half a million students have successfully learned to play using this publication.
This tried and tested German method is now available in English! The best-selling method that gave generations of European musicians their foundation is now available in English, with content and songs newly adapted for today's English speaking children.
What makes this method so special?
- The child-friendly and age-appropriate text underlying the music enables children to perceive melodies as a whole and to understand their singable qualities.
- Songs and scales in different positions are easily explained and mastered within the first year. This is an important advantage over methods that confine children to the first position for many years.
- Note reading is emphasized from the first lesson - children are brought up to become proficient sight-readers and play in chamber music ensembles as early as possible.
- In contrast to other beginner methods, The Sassmannshaus Tradition progresses swiftly by introducing advanced techniques in rudimentary form, such as shifting and varied bow strokes.
- Ensemble playing is encouraged from the very beginning.
- The method is suitable for single instruction as well as for group and class lessons.
- The large print notes and text as well as many colorful illustrations are particularly child-friendly and very attractive to pre-school children and school children alike.
- The substantial volumes contain comprehensive material and carefully calibrated learning curves. They keep children curious and interested for many months and years.
- The Half Step Is Between The Second And Third Fingers
- The Half Step Is Between the First and Second fingers
- The Second Finger Changes Between Low And High Positions
- The Half Step Is Between the Third and Fourth Fingers
- The Third Finger changes Between Low And High Positions
- The First Finger Is Low
- The First Finger Changes Between Low And High Positions
- Finger Patterns, Old And New
- The Fourth Finger Is In Low Position
- The Fourth Finger Changes Between Low And High Positions
- Duets In Various Keys With Changing Finger Patterns
- Major and Minor Scales
- Helpful Hints For Violinists