Early Roots of Robert Johnson
Guitar (fingerpicking) - Intermediate
Composed by Woody Mann. Saddle-stitched, Solos. Grossman Audio. Blues. Book/3-CD Set. Published by Grossman's Guitar Workshop (MB.98510BCD).
Item Number: MB.98510BCD
ISBN 9780786649990. 8.75 x 11.75 inches.
Learn essential exercises and tips as they are presented in this compilation of tunes by the legendary Robert Johnson. As part of Stefan Grossman's Guitar Workshop Audio Series not only does this book contain valuable lessons, but as an added bonus, the three accompanying CDs contain three full hours of instruction featuring note-by-note, phrase-by-phrase instruction to make the style and technique of Robert Johnson something that everyone can learn. Master instructor Woody Mann teaches you step-by-step to play these selections: Kokomo Blues; Blue Day Blues; Devil Got My Woman; My Black Mama; Roll and Tumble Blues; Scream' and Hollerin' the Blues; Life Saver Blues; and Georgia Bound. Written in standard notation and tablature.
- Screamin' and Hollerin' the blues Performed by Charlie Patton
- Kokomo Blues Performed by Scrapper Blackwell
- My Black Mama Performed by Son House
- Roll and Tumble Blues Performed by Willie Newbern
- Life Saver Blues Performed by Lonnie Johnson
- Georgia Bound Performed by Blind Blake
- Devil Got My Woman
- Blue Day Blues Performed by Scrapper Blackwell