Early Jazz For Fingerstyle Guitar
Guitar (fingerpicking) - Intermediate
Composed by Lasse Johansson. Squareback saddle-stitched, Solos. Early Music/Jazz & Dixie. Book/CD Set. Published by Mel Bay Publications, Inc (MB.99245BCD).
Item Number: MB.99245BCD
ISBN 9780786658176. 8.75 x 11.75 inches.
This is a collection of jazz music arranged for fingerstyle guitar and spanning the years from the turn of the last century until the end of the 1930s. There are classical ragtime numbers, jazz band tunes, stride piano, and blues. All are a part of an important musical legacy that shaped the beginnings of popular music. Written in standard notation and tablature.
- Buddy Bolden Blues
- Creole Belles march & two-step Performed by J. Bodewalt Lampe
- Memphis Blues Performed by W. C. Handy
- Dixie Jass Band One-Step Performed by D. J. (Nick) La Rocca
- Livery Stable Blues Performed by Ray Lopes-Alcide Nunez
- Don't You Leave Me Here Performed by Jelly Roll Morton
- Royal Garden Blues Performed by Clarence Williams And Spencer Williams
- Wild Cat Blues Performed by Fats Waller And Clarence Williams
- Russian Rag Performed by George L. Cobb
- Jazz Me Blues Performed by Tom Delaney
- Muskrat Ramble Performed by Edward "Kid" Ory
- Tia Juana Performed by Larry Conley And Gene Rodemich
- Alligator Crawl Performed by Thomas "Fats" Waller
- Feeling My Way Performed by Eddie Lang
- Little Rock Getaway Performed by Joe Sullivan
- Ain't Misbehavin' Performed by Thomas "Fats" Waller And Harry Brooks
- Hong Kong Blues Performed by Hoagy Carmichael