There are currently no items in your cart.
Early American Roots
Early American Roots composed by Hesperus Early/Traditional Music Ensemble. For Acoustic Instruments. Ensemble (Mixed). Maggie's Music. American. Compact Disc. Duration 55 minutes. Published by Maggie's Music (MB.97212CD).
ISBN 9780786632169. American. 5.5 x 5 inches.
The vision of HESPERUS is innovative, multi-cultural and historically informed. Its musicians bring the energy and spirit of traditional music to virtuoso performances on folk and early musical instruments. With impressive credentials in early music, they are one of the nation's first, and most important, performers of "chamber folk" music. Early American Roots features spirited new sounds from early Colonial America - from the arrival of the first colonists to the American Revolution and the birth of our republic. Performing on recorders, Baroque violin, viola da gamba, flageolet, hammered dulcimer, cittern and Baroque guitar, the musicians perform high energy improvisations, lively country dance tunes, elegant French cotillions and early American shape-note hymns.
- Madison's Whim Performed by John Carr
- The Merry Strollers Performed by John Carr
- The Killerman Performed by John Carr
- Bobbing Joe Medley: Bobbing Joe Performed by John Playford
- Bobbing Joe Medley: Cuckolds All in a Row Performed by John Playford
- Bobbing Joe Medley: Rufty Tufty Performed by John Playford
- Bobbing Joe Medley: Parson's Farewell Performed by John Playford
- Captain Kidd Performed by Southern Harmony
- Nashville Performed by Southern Harmony
- A Sett of Hornpipes Performed by John Playford
- Butter'd Peas Performed by James Ralph
- Daphne Performed by The Dancing Master
- La Poulle Performed by First Book Of Cotillions
- Childgrove Performed by The Dancing Master
- Spirit of Gambo Performed by Tobias Hume
- Portsmouth Performed by The Dancing Master
- Staines Morris Performed by The Dancing Master
- Lusty Gallant Performed by The Dancing Master
- Chelsea Reach Performed by The Dancing Master
- Argeers Performed by The Dancing Master
- Daniel Purcell's Ground Performed by John Playford
- New Jersey Performed by First Book Of Cotillions
- The Ball Performed by First Book Of Cotillions
- John Come Kiss me Now Performed by John Playford
- Rockbridge Performed by Wyeth's Repository Of Sacred Music
- The Garden Hymn Performed by Wyeth's Repository Of Sacred Music
- A Sett of Jiggs Performed by Apollo's Banquet
- Scotch Cap Performed by The Dancing Master
- The Merry Milkmaids Performed by The Dancing Master
- The President's March
- Ca Ira
- The Swallow Performed by First Book Of Cotillions
- The Colly Flower Performed by First Book Of Cotillions
- Johnny Cock Thy Beaver Performed by The Division Violin
Early American Roots
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Early American Roots
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Genre: Americana Sheet Music