Drumstick Finger Systems and Techniques
Drum set - Beginning-Intermediate
Composed by Mat Marucci. Saddle-stitched, Technic. All Styles. Book. Published by Mel Bay Publications, Inc (MB.98717).
Item Number: MB.98717
ISBN 9780786657049. 8.5 x 11 inches.
This book will explain and illustrate the majority of finger techniques which can be combined into various finger systems. It starts with the most basic fundamentals and takes the reader through a logical pyramiding progression of techniques leading to the development of the ability to use the fingers to assist in multiple strokes and/or to maintain a constant, almost perpetual motion with each hand.
- Chapter 1: Basics
- Chapter 2: The Four Strokes
- Chapter 3: Rebound Control
- Chapter 4: The "Scoop" Technique
- Chapter 5: The "Stroke, Catch, Drop" Technique
- Chapter 6: Finger Techniques
- A) Hand Squeezes
- B) Adding the Rebound
- C) The Overhand Dribble
- D) Turning the Hand
- E) Adding the "Scoop"
- Chapter 7: Multiple Strokes
- A) Triplets
- B) Quadruplets
- C) "Throwing" the Stick
- D) The "Finger Slide"
- Chapter 8: Mixed Fingering Studies
- Chapter 9: Accent Studies
- Chapter 10: Alternate Fulcrums and Strokes
- Mat Marucci