A Practical Method to Develop the Skills Necessary for Reading with Big Bands and Combos. Composed by Ron Fink. Method/Instruction; Percussion - Drumset Method or Collection. Book. 80 pages. Published by Alfred Music (AP.124).
Item Number: AP.124
The purpose of this book is to concentrate on two important areas of jazz drumming: Reading and Interpretation. The book suggests ideas for fill-ins and related techniques, but is mainly made up of reading examples, such as a drummer would encounter on a job with a band or combo where reading is required. This material is designed for improvisation and for the development of the following objectives:
* To play steady time.
* To play relaxed at all tempos.
* To play with a swinging concept ("feel").
* To play with good taste when improvising.
* To play and develop greater independence and coordination.
* To develop the art of reading syncopated patterns, thus supplementing snare drum foundation books.
Customers Who Bought Drumset Reading Also Bought: