Drum set - Multiple Levels
Composed by John Pickering. Saddle-stitched, Technic. Rock & Jazz. Book and online audio. 80 pages. Published by Mel Bay Publications, Inc (MB.93301).
Item Number: MB.93301
ISBN 9780871668264. 9 x 11.75 inches.
Take your creativity to another level with this book! Rock music is, or should be, a form of personal expression. This text was written to encourage and develop the drummer's ability to create and develop his own ideas from a solid foundation. This is one in a series of books that deals with one of the most important aspects of rock drumming that of rhythmic improvisation. Topics covered in this book are: The Rock Feeling, The Variations and Development of a Basic Figure, Rhythmic Improvisation, Solos, and Cymbal Variations with the Right Hand.
- Further Information on:
- I. The Rock Feeling:An explanation of some of the different "feels" or "grooves" used in rock featuring exercises showing three basic high hat patterns and their relationship to the overall feeling of a rhythm.
- II. The Variations and Development of a Basic Figure: A method of obtaining variations from a basic figure by
- A. Changing the tonal structure of a figure
- B. Changing the rhythmic structure of a figure
- III. Rhythmic Improvisation: A study of the concept of improvising rhythmically. Beginning with a basic rhythmic structure and proceeding in a manner similar to melodic improvisation.
- A. Chapter One- Variations of a basic beat, containing a series of eight, 8-bar solos derived from the exercises in this chapter.
- B. Chapter Two- Variations of a basic beat, again with a series of eight, 8-bar solos built from the exercises in this chapter.
- C. Cymbal Variations with the Right HandOffers a few exercises demonstrating the technique of varying the rhythm of the right hand, integrating it into the overall rhythm.
Customers Who Bought Drummer's Cookbook Also Bought: