There are currently no items in your cart.
Drummer's Cookbook composed by John Pickering. For Drum Set. Saddle-stitched, Technic. Rock & Jazz. Multiple Levels. Book. 80 pages. Published by Mel Bay Publications, Inc (MB.93301).
ISBN 9780871668264. Rock & Jazz. 9 x 11.75 inches.
Take your creativity to another level with this book! Rock music is, or should be, a form of personal expression. This text was written to encourage and develop the drummer's ability to create and develop his own ideas from a solid foundation. This is one in a series of books that deals with one of the most important aspects of rock drumming that of rhythmic improvisation. Topics covered in this book are: The Rock Feeling, The Variations and Development of a Basic Figure, Rhythmic Improvisation, Solos, and Cymbal Variations with the Right Hand.
- Further Information on:
- I. The Rock Feeling:An explanation of some of the different "feels" or "grooves" used in rock featuring exercises showing three basic high hat patterns and their relationship to the overall feeling of a rhythm.
- II. The Variations and Development of a Basic Figure: A method of obtaining variations from a basic figure by
- A. Changing the tonal structure of a figure
- B. Changing the rhythmic structure of a figure
- III. Rhythmic Improvisation: A study of the concept of improvising rhythmically. Beginning with a basic rhythmic structure and proceeding in a manner similar to melodic improvisation.
- A. Chapter One- Variations of a basic beat, containing a series of eight, 8-bar solos derived from the exercises in this chapter.
- B. Chapter Two- Variations of a basic beat, again with a series of eight, 8-bar solos built from the exercises in this chapter.
- C. Cymbal Variations with the Right HandOffers a few exercises demonstrating the technique of varying the rhythm of the right hand, integrating it into the overall rhythm.
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at email@example.com.
Format: Collection / Songbook