There are currently no items in your cart.
Drum Lessons with the Greats -- Complete composed by John Xepoleas. For Drumset. Book; CD; Method/Instruction; Percussion - Drum Set Method or Collection. 96 pages. Published by Alfred Music (AP.35141).
This outstanding book includes the best from the two original titles in the Drum Lessons with the Greats series. In addition to the in-depth lessons in the book, two lesson-matching CDs are included so every percussionist can study and hear the grooves, fills, techniques, and concepts of Tim Alexander, Kenny Aronoff, Gregg Bissonette, Peter Erskine, Neil Peart, Mike Portnoy, Steve Smith, and Dave Weckl. These dynamic players reveal their secrets to soloing, playing fills, odd-time playing, warm-ups, double-bass grooves, polyrhythms, and more. Sticking patterns, grooves, ostinato patterns, and developing a touch on the instrument are also among the many topics covered. The CDs feature performances by the drummers themselves. Now that you have all these lessons in one great source, so open up the book, put on your headphones, and get busy!
- Dave Weckl
- Lesson 1: Triplet Hand and Foot Combinations
- Lesson 2: Six-Stroke Fill Exercise
- Lesson 3: Working With Double-Strokes on the Drumset
- Steve Smith
- Lesson 1: A Concept for Developing Linear Fills
- Lesson 2: Triplet Feel / Six-Note Two-Beat Phrases
- Lesson 3: Combinations Applied to 4/4 Time
- Kenny Aronoff
- Lesson 1: Hand and Foot Exercises---Doubles
- Lesson 2: Part 1---Reversing the Hands
- Part 2---Playing All the Cymbal Patterns in Sequence
- Part 3---Cymbal Patterns in Sequence, Alternating the Hands
- Lesson 3: Changing the Basic Concept
- Gregg Bissonette
- Lesson 1: Bass Drum Exercises and Rock Hi-Hat Variations
- Lesson 2: A Favorite Sticking Applied to the Kit
- Lesson 3: Reggae
- Peter Erskine
- Lesson 1: Sound
- Lesson 2: Now, Let's Dance
- Lesson 3: Subdivisions
- Neil Peart
- Lesson 1: Leave That Thing Alone
- Lesson 2: The Drum Also Waltzes
- Lesson 3: Developing Fills
- Tim Alexander
- Lesson 1: Hi-Hat Stuff
- Lesson 2: A Different Approach to Playing Double Bass
- Lesson 3: Tom Grooves
- Mike Portnoy
- Lesson 1: Odd Approaches to 4/4
- Lesson 2: 5/4 Time
- Lesson 3: Seven
- Lesson 4: 9/8
- Lesson 5: Odd Approaches to Odd Time
Drum Lessons with the Greats -- Complete
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Drum Lessons with the Greats -- Complete
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at email@example.com.