There are currently no items in your cart.
Don Mock -- The Blues from Rock to Jazz by Don Mock. For Guitar. Artist/Personality; Guitar DVD; Method/Instruction. Alfred's Artist Series. Blues. DVD. Published by Alfred Music (AP.27522).
ISBN 0739045091. Blues.
Alfredâ€™s Artist Series has expanded to include Don Mock: The Blues from Rock to Jazz.
Don Mock is internationally recognized as a master educator, guitarist, author, recording artist, composer, and synthesizer stylist. As one of the three original founding instructors at the Guitar Institute of Technology (GIT) in Hollywood, Don has long been known and respected for his broad knowledge of the instrument.
In this DVD, Don uses the basic blues progression as a vehicle to teach chords and soloing techniques found in contemporary blues and jazz fusion. He starts by guiding you through the dominant chord family, showing the basic chords and their substitutions for comping, plus scales, arpeggios and melodic ideas for improvising. Next, he covers how to solo over each chord in the 12-bar blues using secondary dominants and the turnaround. Finally, he breaks down three jazz-fusion 12-bar blues solos, with an in-depth analysis of each bar.
Special features include a printable PDF booklet with note-for-note transcriptions, a bonus performance from Robben Fordâ€™s The Blues and Beyond, and a bonus lesson from The Definitive Steve Morse.
About Alfred's Artist Series
Alfred's Artist Series DVDs bring you great instruction from the most legendary musician's of all time. Now you can experience these great artists as they share their unique approach to music. Every title is packed with solid information and an assortment of special features - from rare video footage to interactive tours of the artist's instrument and bonus lessons. Alfred's Artist Series is your best source for musical inspiration
Don Mock -- The Blues from Rock to Jazz
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Don Mock -- The Blues from Rock to Jazz
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at email@example.com.
Instrument: Electric Guitar Sheet Music
Genre: Blues Sheet Music
Series: Alfred's Artist Series